WinCo Foods, Inc. - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
WinCo Foods, Inc. (WinCo), a privately held company, specializes in operating discount supermarket store chain. The company’s product portfolio comprises seafood, meat, gourmet, fresh produce, deli, bakery, health and beauty products, organic items, natural, candies, snacks and other merchandise. As of 2011, it operates 86 stores, which are opened for 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. WinCo operates four distribution centers and has own fleet of trucks to provide services to its stores and customers. The company mainly operates in seven states including Washington, Idaho, California, Nevada, Oregon, Utah and Arizona across the US.
WinCo Foods, Inc. Key Recent Developments
Feb 06, 2012: Air Products's Hydrogen Technology Fueling Material Handling Fuel Cells At WinCo's California WarehousenJul 12, 2011: Inovus Solar Installs Six On-Grid Solar Light Poles At WinCo Foods
Jun 22, 2011: WinCo Installs Six New Solar Powered Light Poles At Its Downtown Boise, Idaho Store
Apr 05, 2011: WinCo Foods To Use Plug Power's GenDrive System For Electric Lift Truck Fleet
GlobalData’s WinCo Foods, Inc. - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides a comprehensive insight into the company’s history, corporate strategy, business structure and operations. The report contains a detailed SWOT analysis, information on the company’s key employees, key competitors and major products and services.
This up-to-the-minute company report will help you to formulate strategies to drive your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – GlobalData’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list of key locations and subsidiaries of the company, including contact details.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research purposes. Key elements such as SWOT analysis and corporate strategy are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
- Identify potential customers and suppliers with this report’s analysis of the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services and business strategy.
- Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies with GlobalData’s detailed SWOT analysis. In this, the company’s core strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats are analyzed, providing you with an up to date objective view of the company.
- Examine potential investment and acquisition targets with this report’s detailed insight into the company’s strategic, business and operational performance.
Table of contents
List of Tables 3
Section 1 - About the Company 4
WinCo Foods, Inc. - Key Facts 4
WinCo Foods, Inc. - Key Employees 5
WinCo Foods, Inc. - Key Employee Biographies 6
WinCo Foods, Inc. - Major Products and Services 7
WinCo Foods, Inc. - History 8
WinCo Foods, Inc. - Locations And Subsidiaries 9
Head Office 9
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 9
Section 2 – Company Analysis 14
WinCo Foods, Inc. - Business Description 14
WinCo Foods, Inc. - SWOT Analysis 15
SWOT Analysis - Overview 15
WinCo Foods, Inc. - Strengths 15
Strength - Customer Orientation Fostering Loyalty 15
Strength - Strong Foothold in the Market 15
Strength - Employee-Owned Business 15
WinCo Foods, Inc. - Weaknesses 15
Weakness - Lack of Online Presence 15
Weakness - Product Recalls 15
WinCo Foods, Inc. - Opportunities 16
Opportunity - Increasing Bulk Food Purchases 16
Opportunity - Home Cooking Trend Helps Grocery Sales 16
Opportunity - Rising Demand for Private Labels 16
WinCo Foods, Inc. - Threats 16
Threat - Increase in Organized Retail Crime 16
Threat - Rising Manpower Costs 16
Threat - Highly Competitive Market 16
WinCo Foods, Inc. - Key Competitors 18
Section 3 – Company’s Recent Developments 19
WinCo Foods, Inc., Recent Developments 19
Feb 06, 2012: Air Products's Hydrogen Technology Fueling Material Handling Fuel Cells At WinCo's California Warehouse 19
Jul 12, 2011: Inovus Solar Installs Six On-Grid Solar Light Poles At WinCo Foods 19
Jun 22, 2011: WinCo Installs Six New Solar Powered Light Poles At Its Downtown Boise, Idaho Store 19
Apr 05, 2011: WinCo Foods To Use Plug Power's GenDrive System For Electric Lift Truck Fleet 20
Section 4 – Appendix 21
About GlobalData 21
Contact Us 21
List of Tables
WinCo Foods, Inc., Key Facts 4
WinCo Foods, Inc., Key Employees 5
WinCo Foods, Inc., Key Employee Biographies 6
WinCo Foods, Inc., Major Products and Services 7
WinCo Foods, Inc., History 8
WinCo Foods, Inc., Other Locations 9
WinCo Foods, Inc., Key Competitors 18
The just-drinks office is currently: Closed
Office opening hours
The office is closed during weekends.
Current time at just-drinks headquarters: 7:03am (Wednesday, 19 June 2013)