Whole Foods Market, Inc. (WFM) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Whole Foods Market, Inc. (Whole Foods) is a retailer of natural and organic foods. Through its natural and organic food supermarket chain, the company provides grocery, meat and poultry, seafood, beer, wine, cheese, prepared foods, coffee, tea and other perishable and non- perishable food items. It also offers household products, books, floral and pet products. Whole Foods sells private label products comprising over 2,700 stock keeping units of 365 Everyday Value and organic brands. The company operates a total of 335 stores in the US, Canada, and the UK.
The company focuses on rebuilding its existing pipeline of products.
Whole Foods Market, Inc. Key Recent Developments
Aug 07, 2012: Whole Foods Market Installs New EverLast's Induction Lights At Parking FacilitynGDRT36700FSA
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Whole Foods Market, Inc. provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Table of contents
Section 1 - About the Company
Whole Foods Market, Inc. - Key Facts
Whole Foods Market, Inc. - Key Employees
Whole Foods Market, Inc. - Key Employee Biographies
Whole Foods Market, Inc. - Major Products and Services
Whole Foods Market, Inc. - History
Whole Foods Market, Inc. - Company Statement
Whole Foods Market, Inc. - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 – Company Analysis
Whole Foods Market, Inc. - Business Description
Whole Foods Market, Inc. - Corporate Strategy
Whole Foods Market, Inc. - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Whole Foods Market, Inc. - Strengths
Strength - Market Position
Strength - Improved Profitability
Strength - Product and Brand Portfolio
Whole Foods Market, Inc. - Weaknesses
Weakness - Dependence on a Single Supplier
Weakness - Product Recalls
Whole Foods Market, Inc. - Opportunities
Opportunity - UK: Online Grocery Shopping
Opportunity - Retail Sales Growth
Opportunity - New Store Development
Whole Foods Market, Inc. - Threats
Threat - Intense Competition
Threat - High Unemployment Levels
Threat - Economic Growth
Whole Foods Market, Inc. - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Whole Foods Market, Inc., Recent Deals Summary
Section 4 – Company’s Recent Developments
Whole Foods Market, Inc., Recent Developments
Aug 07, 2012: Whole Foods Market Installs New EverLast's Induction Lights At Parking Facility
Section 5 – Appendix
List of Tables
Whole Foods Market, Inc., Key Facts
Whole Foods Market, Inc., Key Employees
Whole Foods Market, Inc., Key Employee Biographies
Whole Foods Market, Inc., Major Products and Services
Whole Foods Market, Inc., History
Whole Foods Market, Inc., Other Locations
Whole Foods Market, Inc., Subsidiaries
Whole Foods Market, Inc., Key Competitors
Whole Foods Market, Inc., Ratios based on current share price
Whole Foods Market, Inc., Annual Ratios
Whole Foods Market, Inc., Interim Ratios
Whole Foods Market, Inc., Recent Deals Summary
Capital Market Ratios
List of Figures
Whole Foods Market, Inc., Performance Chart (2008 - 2012)
Whole Foods Market, Inc., Ratio Charts
Related research categories
By company: SWOT analysis
The just-drinks office is currently: Closed
Office opening hours
The office is closed during weekends.
Current time at just-drinks headquarters: 3:05pm (Saturday, 7 December 2013)