Vitro, S.A.B. de C.V. (VITROA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Vitro, S.A.B. de C.V. (Vitro) is a glass manufacturing company. The company carries out the manufacturing, processing, distribution and sale of a range of glass products. The product portfolio of the company includes automotive glass, construction glass, raw materials and glass containers. Furthermore, Vitro supplies raw materials, machinery and industrial equipment to different industries. It operates through two segments namely Flat Glass and Glass Containers. The company offers products to various industries including wine, beer, cosmetic, pharmaceutical, food and beverage, as well as the automotive and construction industries.
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Vitro, S.A.B. de C.V. provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Table of contents
List of Tables 3
List of Figures 3
Section 1 - About the Company 4
Vitro, S.A.B. de C.V. - Key Facts 4
Vitro, S.A.B. de C.V. - Key Employees 5
Vitro, S.A.B. de C.V. - Major Products and Services 6
Vitro, S.A.B. de C.V. - History 7
Vitro, S.A.B. de C.V. - Company Statement 10
Vitro, S.A.B. de C.V. - Locations And Subsidiaries 12
Head Office 12
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 12
Section 2 – Company Analysis 13
Vitro, S.A.B. de C.V. - Business Description 13
Vitro, S.A.B. de C.V. - SWOT Analysis 14
SWOT Analysis - Overview 14
Vitro, S.A.B. de C.V. - Strengths 14
Strength - Wide Offerings 14
Strength - Strong Foothold in Wide Geography 14
Strength - Leading Customer Base 14
Vitro, S.A.B. de C.V. - Weaknesses 15
Weakness - Legal Proceedings 15
Weakness - Limited Cash Reserves 15
Vitro, S.A.B. de C.V. - Opportunities 15
Opportunity - Awards and Recognition 15
Opportunity - Growth Initiatives 15
Opportunity - Demand for Sustainable Products 15
Vitro, S.A.B. de C.V. - Threats 16
Threat - Highly Competitive Market 16
Threat - Currency Fluctuations and Operational Risk 16
Threat - Stringent Regulations 16
Vitro, S.A.B. de C.V. - Key Competitors 17
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios 18
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 18
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 18
Performance Chart 20
Financial Performance 20
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 21
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 22
Section 4 – Appendix 23
Ratio Definitions 23
About GlobalData 27
Contact Us 27
List of Tables
Vitro, S.A.B. de C.V., Key Facts 4
Vitro, S.A.B. de C.V., Key Employees 5
Vitro, S.A.B. de C.V., Major Products and Services 6
Vitro, S.A.B. de C.V., History 7
Vitro, S.A.B. de C.V., Subsidiaries 12
Vitro, S.A.B. de C.V., Key Competitors 17
Vitro, S.A.B. de C.V., Ratios based on current share price 18
Vitro, S.A.B. de C.V., Annual Ratios 18
Vitro, S.A.B. de C.V., Interim Ratios 21
Currency Codes 23
Capital Market Ratios 23
Equity Ratios 24
Profitability Ratios 24
Cost Ratios 25
Liquidity Ratios 25
Leverage Ratios 26
Efficiency Ratios 26
List of Figures
Vitro, S.A.B. de C.V., Performance Chart (2007 - 2011) 20
Vitro, S.A.B. de C.V., Ratio Charts 22
Related research categories
By company: SWOT analysis
The just-drinks office is currently: Closed
Office opening hours
The office is closed during weekends.
Current time at just-drinks headquarters: 8:50am (Saturday, 25 May 2013)