Universal Robina Corporation (URC) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Universal Robina Corporation (URC) is a consumer food, animal feed and agricultural product manufacturing company. The company undertakes manufacturing and distribution of branded consumer foods, hogs and day-old chicks, animal and fish feeds, glucose and veterinary compounds as well as it operates flour milling, sugar milling and refining and makes plastic film for packaging consumer products. It also offers coffee, flour, feed, meat, bakery, beverages, biscuits, candy, chocolate, noodles, and easy-to-drink products. The company operates in Philippines, China, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Singapore, Hong Kong and Indonesia internationally.
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Universal Robina Corporation provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Table of contents
Section 1 - About the Company
Universal Robina Corporation - Key Facts
Universal Robina Corporation - Key Employees
Universal Robina Corporation - Key Employee Biographies
Universal Robina Corporation - Major Products and Services
Universal Robina Corporation - History
Universal Robina Corporation - Company Statement
Universal Robina Corporation - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 – Company Analysis
Universal Robina Corporation - Business Description
Universal Robina Corporation - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Universal Robina Corporation - Strengths
Strength - Broad Product Portfolio
Strength - Market Leadership: Philippines
Strength - Top Line Performance
Universal Robina Corporation - Weaknesses
Weakness - Operational Performance
Weakness - Trade Receivables
Universal Robina Corporation - Opportunities
Opportunity - Growing Snacks Market
Opportunity - Market Outlook: Chocolate Confectioneries
Opportunity - Emerging Markets Providing Ladder for Growth
Universal Robina Corporation - Threats
Threat - Changing Consumer Preferences
Threat - Stringent Governmental Regulations
Threat - Highly Competitive Market
Universal Robina Corporation - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Section 4 – Appendix
List of Tables
Universal Robina Corporation, Key Facts
Universal Robina Corporation, Key Employees
Universal Robina Corporation, Key Employee Biographies
Universal Robina Corporation, Major Products and Services
Universal Robina Corporation, History
Universal Robina Corporation, Subsidiaries
Universal Robina Corporation, Key Competitors
Universal Robina Corporation, Ratios based on current share price
Universal Robina Corporation, Annual Ratios
Universal Robina Corporation, Interim Ratios
Capital Market Ratios
List of Figures
Universal Robina Corporation, Performance Chart (2007 - 2011)
Universal Robina Corporation, Ratio Charts
Related research categories
By company: SWOT analysis
The just-drinks office is currently: Open
Office opening hours
The office is closed during weekends.
Current time at just-drinks headquarters: 1:49pm (Wednesday, 19 June 2013)