UK Customer Satisfaction Index 2013 Food & Grocery | Verdict Consumer Report
UK Customer Satisfaction Index 2013 for food & grocery is based around individual retailers and provides a highly detailed, data-rich overview of a retailer's customers, drawing on a nationwide survey of 6,000 shoppers each year.
- Measure and rank your performance in customer satisfaction in the sector and assess how this has changed using six years of history (2008–13).
- Includes ratings for price, range, quality, service, convenience, ambience, layout and facilities. Use these to understand strengths and weaknesses.
- Identifies the biggest CSI winners and losers in food & grocery this year, highlighting those that pose the greatest threat to your business.
Waitrose has improved on last year's score, again taking the top spot in Verdict's Customer Satisfaction Index for food & grocery. This year's second place retailer has managed to leapfrog its rivals, and come close to the top spot.
Market leader in UK grocery Tesco has had yet another dire year in the index. Despite its national coverage, it struggles to please shoppers. Its score has declined, and the retailer has ended up in eighth place overall, and places equal to or below average for all but one of the categories measured.
Another retailer with a large number of stores in the UK has come last this year. The Co-operative has scored highest for convenience, however this does not breed customer satisfaction. The Co-op has come in the bottom three for every category other than convenience and facilities.
- What is driving satisfaction for different retailers in food & grocery? Which retailers have improved the most?
- What are your competitors' strengths and weaknesses and how can you exploit them by adapting your own strategies?
- How are drivers of satisfaction changing in terms of importance in the customers' eyes? What impact is the economy having on drivers of satisfaction?
Table of contentsEXECUTIVE SUMMARY
•Summary of findings – food & grocery
Waitrose takes top spot again
Aldi jumps three places, highlighting polarisation
Tesco has yet another poor performance as score declines
Co-op comes last, but reduces the gap
Iceland the biggest loser
SYNOPSIS AND COMPARATIVES
•Food & grocery
•Overall ranking – food & grocery
•Winners since last year – food & grocery
•Losers since last year – food & grocery
•Rankings for range – food & grocery
•Rankings for price – food & grocery
•Rankings for convenience – food & grocery
•Rankings for quality – food & grocery
•Rankings for service – food & grocery
•Rankings for ambience – food & grocery
•Rankings for facilities – food & grocery
•Rankings for layout – food & grocery
•Table: Food & grocery highest scoring retailers, overall and by factor, 2012 and 2013
•Table: CSI comparison of food & grocery with all retail, 2013
•Table: Retailers ranked by overall CSI score, 2013
•Table: Most significant gain in overall CSI score for a food & grocery retailer, 2013
•Table: Most significant loss in overall CSI score for a food & grocery retailer, 2013
•Table: Retailers ranked by latest CSI score for range, 2008–13
•Table: Retailers ranked by latest CSI score for price, 2008–13
•Table: Retailers ranked by latest CSI score for convenience, 2008–13
•Table: Retailers ranked by latest CSI score for quality, 2008–13
•Table: Retailers ranked by latest CSI score for service, 2008–13
•Table: Retailers ranked by latest CSI score for ambience, 2008–13
•Table: Retailers ranked by latest CSI score for facilities, 2008–13
•Table: Retailers ranked by latest CSI score for layout, 2008–13
•Figure: Yearly average score comparison of food & grocery with all retail, 2008–13
The just-drinks office is currently: Closed
Office opening hours
The office is closed during weekends.
Current time at just-drinks headquarters: 7:18pm (Monday, 9 December 2013)