UK Consumer Satisfaction Index 2011 Food & Grocery
Verdict Research: In an intensely competitive retail market, keeping customers satisfied has never been more important. Retailers need to understand how they satisfy their shoppers in order to enhance their appeal and increase customer loyalty. Moreover, an insight into what drives customer satisfaction at competitors is essential in order to win customers from them.
Features and benefits
- Consumer satisfaction scores for top food & grocery retailers in range, convenience, price, quality, service, ambience, layout and facilities
- Winners and losers year-on-year in rankings against competitors and overall CSI scores
- Consumer satisfaction scores in food & grocery, compared to overall retail satisfaction scores
- Historic data, so trends can be analysed over a five year period
Waitrose gained ground in range to come from second place behind Marks & Spencer and attain number one position this year. However it lost out on the top spot in layout, being pipped to the post by Somerfield following its takeover by the Co-operative.
Aldi has replaced last year's winner Lidl as the highest scoring retailer in terms of price. The discounters continue to benefit from the pressures on consumer finances caused by the VAT rise, public spending cuts and inflation.
Second and third place in the overall ranking this year are Morrisons and Marks & Spencer, showing an emerging trend among consumers of balancing quality with price. Customers are looking to spend less on staples but are also cutting their spending in dining out - driving growth of quality meal solutions in grocers.
Your key questions answered
- The results of the CSI are based solely on consumer research of over 6,000 respondents designed to be representative of all adults in Great Britain
- Use this report to understand which retailer is succeeding in satisfying its customers and in what areas
- Channel investment for maximum return by knowing which aspects of your retail proposition most need improving in the opinion of your customers
Table of contentsExecutive Summary
SUMMARY OF FINDINGS
Consumers seek to maximise value for money
Waitrose tops the polls
Discounters continue to impress on price…
…but consumers also looking for quality
Convenience consumers choosing Co-operative stores
SYNOPSIS AND COMPARATIVES
Synopsis and comparatives - Food & grocery
Overall ranking – Food & grocery
Winners since last year – food & grocery
Losers since last year – food & grocery
Rankings for range – food & grocery
Rankings for price – food & grocery
Rankings for convenience – food & grocery
Rankings for quality – food & grocery
Rankings for service – food & grocery
Rankings for ambience – food & grocery
Rankings for facilities – food & grocery
Rankings for layout – food & grocery
The just-drinks office is currently: Closed
Office opening hours
The office is closed during weekends.
Current time at just-drinks headquarters: 3:03pm (Saturday, 25 May 2013)