UK Consumer Credit Market Outlook: Q1 2010
This latest edition of Datamonitor's quarterly outlook series provides updated estimates for the performance of the consumer credit market from 2010 to 2014. It also considers the behavior of different players such as lenders and borrowers in the context of recent developments in the market.Scope
- Provides the latest market sizing data for the UK consumer credit market.
- Estimates the performance of different consumer credit products - unsecured personal loans, credit cards, overdrafts, retail and motor finance.
- Gives Datamonitor's scenario for the consumer credit market from 2010 to 2014 and two additional optimistic and pessimistic scenarios.
- Includes a complementary interactive Excel model, presenting all of the data in an easily accessible format.
The first quarter of 2010 saw a second consecutive period of growth in terms of lending in the consumer credit market. Growth was bolstered by an improvement in lines such as unsecured personal loans and motor finance.
Write-offs appear to have peaked in both the credit card and unsecured personal loan lines. They had remained steady earlier in 2009 before rising sharply towards the end of the year.
A mixed economic picture suggests that the consumer credit market will have to wait until 2011 before seeing a sustained recovery. Credit card and unsecured personal loans are likely to recover more quickly as the recovery begins while the recovery in motor finance will remain slow.Reasons to Purchase
- Review the overall performance of the market in Q1 2010 and use it to benchmark your own performance.
- Use Datamonitor's market forecasts to help build your future strategy with confidence.
- Gain an understanding of how the borrowers and lenders are behaving under the prevailing economic conditions.
Table of contents
The first quarter of 2010 saw a mild increase in consumer credit gross lending
Gross advances in Q1 2010 were almost on a par with their Q1 2009 level
Motor finance was the best performing consumer cr
The just-drinks office is currently: Open
Office opening hours
The office is closed during weekends.
Current time at just-drinks headquarters: 9:37am (Monday, 20 May 2013)