Trust & Transparency: Consumer & Innovation Trends
Brands, which are generally distrusted, must better define, explain or quantify how they make a difference across a range of criteria. This requires more transparency. Optimal transparency can help in restoring consumer confidence and assist brand management. But it demands that products and processes stand up to scrutiny
- Pinpoint over 50 marketing and innovation 'platforms' that can be employed to optimally build brand trust. See how they relate to 'on-trend' examples
- Access a unique blend on consumer and innovation insight to better understand how 'Trust & Transparency' issues impact consumers across FMCG sectors
- Trend overview and sector specific analysis covering food, non-alcoholic drinks, alcoholic drinks, personal care, household care, packaging and retail
Distrusting and discerning consumers are asking more questions. Globally, just 37% trust consumer packaged goods companies to tell them the truth. Consumers are highly ambivalent or distrusting across all sectors. The means that marketing messages are viewed with a healthy dose of scepticism
Over 65% believe that stricter regulation is needed across issues ranging from product safety to retailer pricing. This is impacted by what consumers perceive as insincere exploitation of legal loopholes by consumer companies
Trust is a critical component of brand equity and corporate reputation. It should not be treated as an abstract concept. Measuring and effectively managing trust is vital
- To what extent to do global consumers trust companies in the consumer packaged goods industry? What about their trust in specific product claims?
- What is the 'Trust & Transparency' sub-trend? How does it impact consumers? What will it mean for core product and marketing innovation in my sector?
- What is the balance of consumer opinion towards a range of 'Trust & Transparency' issues? How does it vary by country and demographics?
- What are the key mega-trends, trends, and sub-trends that are shaping the consumer and innovation landscape. Where does 'Trust & Transparency' fit?
Table of contents
ABOUT THIS RESEARCH
This product has been designed for delivery in a slide pack format (ppt or pdf).
Features and Benefits
Key questions answered
The just-drinks office is currently: Closed
Office opening hours
The office is closed during weekends.
Current time at just-drinks headquarters: 12:08am (Thursday, 20 June 2013)