TrendSights: Weight Management
The growing prevalence of overweight/obese individuals worldwide is fueling demand for products that help consumers manage their weight effectively. As more consumers become aware of and monitor weight-related issues, there is increasing demand for products that help guide them to their goals, from functional health products to better ingredients and nutrition labeling.
- Pinpoint key marketing and innovation "platforms" that can be employed to entice new product trial. See how they relate to "on-trend" examples.
- Access a unique blend of consumer and innovation insight to understand how consumer desire for weight management products can be met.
- Contains examples from across the food, non-alcoholic drinks, alcoholic drinks, personal care, household care, packaging, and foodservice spaces.
A large number of consumers are actively trying to lose weight. 49% of consumers are attempting to lose weight, with women more likely to be doing so than men.
A highly body-conscious culture is one of the key drivers of the Weight Management sub-trend. 72% of consumers agree that maintaining an "ideal" weight is important to them.
Keywords: Weight Management, weight loss, weight gain, health, obesity, portion control, low calorie.
- To what extent do global consumers seek weight management products and ingredients across the major fast-moving consumer goods sectors and why?
- What is the Weight Management sub-trend? How does it impact consumers? What will it mean for core product and marketing innovation in your sector?
- How are brands capitalizing on the Weight Management sub-trend to entice consumers into paying a premium for products and ingredients?
Table of contentsN/A
The just-drinks office is currently: Closed
Office opening hours
The office is closed during weekends.
Current time at just-drinks headquarters: 3:32am (Sunday, 19 May 2013)