The J.M. Smucker Company (SJM) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
The J.M. Smucker Company (Smucker's) offers quality food products. The company is involved in the manufacturing and marketing of fruit spreads, peanut butter, retail packaged coffee, sweetened condensed milk, ice cream toppings,Syrups, frozen sandwiches, shortening and oils, and health and natural foods and beverages. It carries out its operations through four segments, namely, US Retail Consumer Market, US Retail Oils and Baking Market, US Retail Coffee Market, and Special Markets. It markets its products under a number of brands, which include Smucker's, Folgers, Dunkin' Donuts, Jif, Crisco, Pillsbury, Eagle Brand, R.W. Knudsen Family, Hungry Jack, White Lily and Martha White, Robin Hood, Five Roses, Carnation, Europe's Best and Bick's. The company operates in the United States, Canada, Mexico and China and exports its products to more than 65 countries around the world. Smucker's is headquartered in Orrville, the US.
This comprehensive SWOT profile of The J.M. Smucker Company provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Table of contents
Section 1 - About the Company
The J.M. Smucker Company - Key Facts
The J.M. Smucker Company - Key Employees
The J.M. Smucker Company - Key Employee Biographies
The J.M. Smucker Company - Major Products and Services
The J.M. Smucker Company - History
The J.M. Smucker Company - Company Statement
The J.M. Smucker Company - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 – Company Analysis
The J.M. Smucker Company - Business Description
The J.M. Smucker Company - Corporate Strategy
The J.M. Smucker Company - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
The J.M. Smucker Company - Strengths
Strength - Broad Product Portfolio
Strength - Strong R&D Activities
Strength - Strong Operating Margin
Strength - Expanding Market Share in Sector
The J.M. Smucker Company - Weaknesses
Weakness - Business Concentration
Weakness - Highly Leveraged
The J.M. Smucker Company - Opportunities
Opportunity - Growth Prospects: Condiments and Processed Foods
Opportunity - Strategic Expansion Plans
Opportunity - Growing Organic Foods Market
Opportunity - Growing Potential in the Restaurant Industry
The J.M. Smucker Company - Threats
Threat - Supply Chain Issues
Threat - Changing Consumer Preferences
Threat - Highly Competitive Market
The J.M. Smucker Company - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Section 4 – Appendix
List of Tables
The J.M. Smucker Company, Key Facts
The J.M. Smucker Company, Key Employees
The J.M. Smucker Company, Key Employee Biographies
The J.M. Smucker Company, Major Products and Services
The J.M. Smucker Company, History
The J.M. Smucker Company, Subsidiaries
The J.M. Smucker Company, Key Competitors
The J.M. Smucker Company, Ratios based on current share price
The J.M. Smucker Company, Annual Ratios
The J.M. Smucker Company, Interim Ratios
Capital Market Ratios
List of Figures
The J.M. Smucker Company, Performance Chart (2008 - 2012)
The J.M. Smucker Company, Ratio Charts
Related research categories
By company: SWOT analysis
The just-drinks office is currently: Closed
Office opening hours
The office is closed during weekends.
Current time at just-drinks headquarters: 3:04pm (Saturday, 25 May 2013)