The Boston Beer Company, Inc. (SAM) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
The Boston Beer Company, Inc. (SAM) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
The Boston Beer Company, Inc. (Boston Beer) is one of the largest brewers of flavored and handcrafted beers in the US. The company undertakes the production and sale of low-alcohol beverages throughout the US and international markets. The company offers a wide range of 30 distinctive beers, malt beverages, and hard cider products under various brands including, Samuel Adams, Sam Adams Light, Twisted Tea and HardCore. In 2012, Boston Beer sold nearly 2.7 million barrels of its proprietary products and brewed or packaged approximately 19,000 barrels under contract for third parties.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.
Table of contents
Section 1 - About the Company
The Boston Beer Company, Inc. - Key Facts
The Boston Beer Company, Inc. - Key Employees
The Boston Beer Company, Inc. - Key Employee Biographies
The Boston Beer Company, Inc. - Major Products and Services
The Boston Beer Company, Inc. - History
The Boston Beer Company, Inc. - Company Statement
The Boston Beer Company, Inc. - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 – Company Analysis
The Boston Beer Company, Inc. - Business Description
The Boston Beer Company, Inc. - Corporate Strategy
The Boston Beer Company, Inc. - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
The Boston Beer Company, Inc. - Strengths
Strength - Strong Brand Equity
Strength - Sales and Marketing Capabilities
Strength - Brewing Strategy
The Boston Beer Company, Inc. - Weaknesses
Weakness - Significant Influence of Class B Shareholder
Weakness - Decreasing Operational Efficiency
The Boston Beer Company, Inc. - Opportunities
Opportunity - Strategic Growth Initiatives
Opportunity - Growth Prospects: Spirits Market
Opportunity - Opportunities in Emerging Markets
The Boston Beer Company, Inc. - Threats
Threat - Stringent Government Regulations
Threat - Consumer Preference Shifting Towards Wine
Threat - Increase in the Input Costs
The Boston Beer Company, Inc. - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Section 4 – Appendix
List of Tables
The Boston Beer Company, Inc., Key Facts
The Boston Beer Company, Inc., Key Employees
The Boston Beer Company, Inc., Key Employee Biographies
The Boston Beer Company, Inc., Major Products and Services
The Boston Beer Company, Inc., History
The Boston Beer Company, Inc., Subsidiaries
The Boston Beer Company, Inc., Key Competitors
The Boston Beer Company, Inc., Ratios based on current share price
The Boston Beer Company, Inc., Annual Ratios
The Boston Beer Company, Inc., Interim Ratios
Capital Market Ratios
List of Figures
The Boston Beer Company, Inc., Performance Chart (2008 - 2012)
The Boston Beer Company, Inc., Ratio Charts 23,
Related research categories
By company: SWOT analysis
The just-drinks office is currently: Closed
Office opening hours
The office is closed during weekends.
Current time at just-drinks headquarters: 8:47pm (Monday, 17 March 2014)