Successes and Failures in Consumer Packaged Goods Innovation and Marketing in 2012
Effective innovation is rare, but is the key to sustained competitive advantage. This webinar examines several case studies of innovation and marketing for new food, beverage, household, and personal care products. More than 20 case studies of market successes and failures are provided, each with instructive lessons to offer. Watch the webinar recording: http://bit.ly/successes-and-failures.
- See how refining consumption occasions can open up new markets and profit opportunities.
- Understand how choice paralysis can undermine efforts to extend brands into new sectors and niches.
- Learn about how companies are becoming more adept at responding to consumer health concerns.
- Witness how efforts to personalize consumer packaged goods products can revive the fortunes of brands that have grown stale and tired.
Examine how targeting "white space" can offer significant innovation opportunities for new and existing brands.
Some of the most compelling consumer packaged goods brands, products, and marketing campaigns globally are showcased in this webinar, along with a discussion of factors contributing to success or failure.
Understanding successful innovation involves looking beyond just the high performers, to include a look at products that failed and the specific factors that may have stood in the way of success.
Keywords: success, failure, repositioning, consumption, personalization, healthy, living, formulation, halo, effect, premium, white, space, digital, disruption, Belvita, Aquafresh, MiO, Glowelle, nutricosmetics, Bluetongue, discount, trap, commoditization, Replenish, Birchbox, sampling, reverse, innovation, Drinksplus, customize, local, craving.
- How did one brand capitalize on doubts over performance claims for personal care brands to launch a novel way to address daily personal care needs?
- Discounting and price wars often drain profit from packaged goods markets. Can occasion-based marketing help avoid the pitfalls of discounting?
- Consumers love convenience but don't want to compromise on taste. What happens when you successfully combine convenience with great taste?
- Can you really be a specialist and a generalist at the same time? See how one brand tried to be both and how consumers reacted.
- What technique can be used to avoid "choice paralysis" and cultivate interest and loyalty from consumers?
Table of contentsN/A
The just-drinks office is currently: Closed
Office opening hours
The office is closed during weekends.
Current time at just-drinks headquarters: 3:38am (Saturday, 25 May 2013)