Successes and Failures Case Study: Skinnygirl Cocktails
Effective innovation is difficult to come by, but it is the key to sustained competitive advantage in the consumer packaged goods industry. Lessons can be learned from both successes and failures. This case study looks at the factors underpinning the strong growth of Skinnygirl Cocktails in the US.
- Access comprehensive analysis of global successes and failures in the consumer packaged goods industry to drive ideation and inspiration.
- Obtain country-specific consumer insight to understand the consumer attitudes and needs that underpinned innovation success/failure.
- Avoid costly investments by learning important lessons from companies and brands that have failed or under-delivered.
- Obtain a broader appreciation of the CPG industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your category.
Around 80% of new product innovation fails, highlighting the challenge that industry players face in innovating in today's competitive market landscape. Failed innovation can severely undermine profits and brand reputations. Conversely, the rewards for successful innovation are substantial.
Datamonitor is constantly monitoring the big winners and losers in the consumer packaged goods industry. Each case study contains background information, describes how developments unfolded, and is contextualized by Datamonitor's own research and analysis.
Keywords: success, CPG, FMCG, innovation, diet, calories, cocktail, alcohol, wine, vodka, spirit, weight, health, 100 calories, ready-to-drink, RTD, ready-to-serve, drink.
- Why is Skinnygirl Cocktails considered an interesting case of success?
- How does Datamonitor judge the success of Skinnygirl Cocktails?
- What consumer insight has underpinned this?
- What can I learn from the success of Skinnygirl Cocktails?
Table of contentsNot available
The just-drinks office is currently: Closed
Office opening hours
The office is closed during weekends.
Current time at just-drinks headquarters: 11:57pm (Tuesday, 18 June 2013)