Service Station Retailing in the UK 2012
Based on Verdict's proprietary market data and insight into key fuel retailers, this brief provides you with an up-to-date picture of the fuel retailing market in the UK. As well as outlining service station numbers, fuel sales, competitor shares, and fuel and site forecasts, it details retailers' c-store, car wash, and unmanned site numbers with an overview of their product offerings.
- Benchmark your service station retail offer against the major national players by examining their number of sites, shops, and car washes.
- Develop marketing ideas for your service station shop, car wash, and card propositions by examining the activities of players across the UK.
- Make informed pitches to potential partners by gaining insights into the major retailers’ networks, market shares, fuel throughputs, and future plans.
- Assess overall market entry potential by accessing key market indicators including registered cars, national fuel volumes, and average prices.
The total number of service stations in the UK fell by 4.6% to 8,480 sites in 2011, continuing the trend of decline. BP has the largest service station network, at 1,178 sites, amounting to 13.9% of the national network.
As of January 2012, 81% of service stations in the UK featured a shop. The total number of service stations with a shop fell by 12.4% to 6,869 sites.
The total number of service stations with a car wash in the UK decreased by 5% to 5,451 sites. BP has the largest number of service stations with a car wash in the country, at 713 sites, amounting to 13.1% of the national network.
- Which are the top five players in the UK service station retail market and how many sites, shops, and car washes do they have?
- What is the market share and average fuel throughput per site of the top five players in the UK?
- How is the service station network evolving and which players are opening new outlets, as well as increasing forecourt shops and car washes?
- What strategies do key players have across their fuel and non-fuel offerings in terms of products sold, branding, partnerships, and suppliers used?
Table of contentsN/A
The just-drinks office is currently: Closed
Office opening hours
The office is closed during weekends.
Current time at just-drinks headquarters: 9:31pm (Saturday, 25 May 2013)