Service Station Retailing in the Netherlands 2012
Based on Verdict's proprietary market data and insight into key fuel retailers, this brief provides you with an up-to-date picture of the fuel retailing market in the Netherlands. As well as outlining service station numbers, fuel sales, competitor shares, and fuel and site forecasts, it details retailers' c-store, car wash, and unmanned site numbers with an overview of their product offerings.
- Benchmark your service station retail offer against the major national players by examining their number of sites, shops, and car washes.
- Develop marketing ideas for your service station shop, car wash, and card propositions by examining the activities of players across the Netherlands.
- Make informed pitches to potential partners by gaining insights into the major retailers’ networks, market shares, fuel throughputs, and future plans.
- Assess overall market entry potential by accessing key market indicators including registered cars, national fuel volumes, and average prices.
In 2011, total fuel consumption increased by 1.45% from 10,195 million liters in 2010 to 10,343 in 2011. Gasoline consumption rose by 1.9% to 5,696 million liters, while fuel volume sales of diesel increased by 1.6% to 4,252 million liters.
In 2011, the total number of service stations decreased by 6.0% to 3,650 sites. Verdict expects the number of service stations to decrease by 6.0% by the beginning of 2015.
64.6% of service stations featured a shop in the Netherlands in 2011. There were 1,172 service stations with car wash facilities, equating to a car wash penetration of 32%.
- Which are the top five players in the Dutch service station retail market and how many sites, shops, and car washes do they have?
- What is the market share and average fuel throughput per site of the top five players in the Netherlands?
- How is the service station network evolving and which players are opening new outlets, as well as increasing forecourt shops and car washes?
- What strategies do key players have across their fuel and non-fuel offerings in terms of products sold, branding, partnerships, and suppliers used?
Table of contentsN/A
The just-drinks office is currently: Closed
Office opening hours
The office is closed during weekends.
Current time at just-drinks headquarters: 1:22am (Saturday, 7 December 2013)