Service Station Retailing in the Czech Republic 2012
Based on Verdict's proprietary market data and insight into key fuel retailers, this brief provides you with an up-to-date picture of the fuel retailing market in the Czech Republic. As well as outlining service station numbers, fuel sales, competitor shares, and fuel and site forecasts, it details retailers' c-store, car wash, and unmanned site numbers with an overview of their product offerings.
- Benchmark your service station retail offer against the major national players by examining their number of sites, shops, and car washes.
- Develop marketing ideas for your service station shop, car wash, and card propositions by examining the activities of players in the Czech Republic.
- Make informed pitches to potential partners by gaining insights into the major retailers’ networks, market shares, fuel throughputs, and future plans.
- Assess overall market entry potential by accessing key market indicators including registered cars, national fuel volumes, and average prices.
Total fuel consumption in the Czech Republic continued to fall by 0.7% in 2011 to 4,496.6 million litres, compared with 4,528 in the previous year.
The five leading fuel retailers by fuel sales account for 24.6% of the Czech service station network, with the largest network operating under the Benzina (PKN Orlen) brand and accounting for 9.1% of all sites.
In January 2012, 62.8% of sites in the Czech Republic featured a shop. The penetration rate has remained relatively stable since 2007.
- Which are the top five players in the Czech service station retail market and how many sites, shops, and car washes do they have?
- What is the market share and average fuel throughput per site of the top five players in the Czech Republic?
- How is the service station network evolving and which players are opening new outlets, as well as increasing forecourt shops and car washes?
- What strategies do key players have across their fuel and non-fuel offerings in terms of products sold, branding, partnerships, and suppliers used?
Table of contentsN/A
The just-drinks office is currently: Closed
Office opening hours
The office is closed during weekends.
Current time at just-drinks headquarters: 6:11pm (Wednesday, 11 December 2013)