Service Station Retailing in Portugal 2012
Based on Verdict's proprietary market data and insight into key fuel retailers, this brief provides you with an up-to-date picture of the fuel retailing market in Portugal. As well as outlining service station numbers, fuel sales, competitor shares, and fuel and site forecasts, it details retailers' c-store, car wash, and unmanned site numbers with an overview of their product offerings.
- Benchmark your service station retail offer against the major national players by examining their number of sites, shops, and car washes.
- Develop marketing ideas for your service station shop, car wash, and card propositions by examining the activities of players across Portugal.
- Make informed pitches to potential partners by gaining insights into the major retailers’ networks, market shares, fuel throughputs, and future plans.
- Assess overall market entry potential by accessing key market indicators including registered cars, national fuel volumes, and average prices.
The top four fuel retailers in Portugal account for 70.6% of the national service station network, with Galp, the largest player, accounting for 29.7% of all sites. The total service station network in Portugal grew marginally compared to 2010 by 0.2%, making 2,613 sites.
In 2011, the number of service stations with a shop in Portugal increased marginally by 0.5% to 1,732 sites. 66.3% of service stations in Portugal have a shop.
The percentage of service stations with a car wash in Portugal increased to 43.7% in 2011. The network of car wash sites in Portugal increased by 23 sites in 2011.
- Which are the top five players in the Portuguese service station retail market and how many sites, shops, and car washes do they have?
- What is the market share and average fuel throughput per site of the top five players in Portugal?
- How is the service station network evolving and which players are opening new outlets, as well as increasing forecourt shops and car washes?
- What strategies do key players have across their fuel and non-fuel offerings in terms of products sold, branding, partnerships, and suppliers used?
Table of contentsN/A
The just-drinks office is currently: Closed
Office opening hours
The office is closed during weekends.
Current time at just-drinks headquarters: 7:35am (Friday, 6 December 2013)