Service Station Retailing in Luxembourg 2012
Based on Verdict's proprietary market data and insight into key fuel retailers, this brief provides you with an up-to-date picture of the fuel retailing market in Luxembourg. As well as outlining service station numbers, fuel sales, competitor shares, and fuel and site forecasts, it details retailers' c-store, car wash, and unmanned site numbers with an overview of their product offerings.
- Benchmark your service station retail offer against the major national players by examining their number of sites, shops, and car washes.
- Develop marketing ideas for your service station shop, car wash, and card propositions by examining the activities of players across Luxembourg.
- Make informed pitches to potential partners by gaining insights into the major retailers’ networks, market shares, fuel throughputs, and future plans.
- Assess overall market entry potential by accessing key market indicators including registered cars, national fuel volumes, and average prices.
In 2011, total fuel consumption increased by 3.4% to 2,713 million litres from 2,624 in 2011. Petrol consumption increased by 0.8% to 483 million litres in 2011, while volume sales of diesel also increased by 4.4% to 2,214 million litres.
Shell was the largest player in Luxembourg by fuel volume share, and had the joint-largest service station network as well.
The total number of service stations with a car wash remained the same in the year to January 1, 2012.
- Which are the top five players in the Luxembourgish service station retail market and how many sites, shops, and car washes do they have?
- What is the market share and average fuel throughput per site of the top five players in Luxembourg?
- How is the service station network evolving and which players are opening new outlets, as well as increasing forecourt shops and car washes?
- What strategies do key players have across their fuel and non-fuel offerings in terms of products sold, branding, partnerships, and suppliers used?
Table of contentsN/A
The just-drinks office is currently: Closed
Office opening hours
The office is closed during weekends.
Current time at just-drinks headquarters: 8:30am (Monday, 9 December 2013)