Service Station Retailing in Lithuania 2012
Based on Verdict's proprietary market data and insight into key fuel retailers, this brief provides you with an up-to-date picture of the fuel retailing market in Lithuania. As well as outlining service station numbers, fuel sales, competitor shares, and fuel and site forecasts, it details retailers' c-store, car wash, and unmanned site numbers with an overview of their product offerings.
- Benchmark your service station retail offer against the major national players by examining their number of sites, shops, and car washes.
- Develop marketing ideas for your service station shop, car wash, and card propositions by examining the activities of players across Lithuania.
- Make informed pitches to potential partners by gaining insights into the major retailers’ networks, market shares, fuel throughputs, and future plans.
- Assess overall market entry potential by accessing key market indicators including registered cars, national fuel volumes, and average prices.
Total fuel volume sales in Lithuania continued to increase by 5.3% to 1,928 million liters in 2011. Petrol consumption fell dramatically by 13.6% in 2011. However, diesel consumption increased by 7.0% in the year. As diesel volume sales were much higher than that of petrol, overall consumption increased.
As at January 1, 2012 the service station network stood at 880 having fallen by 10, or 1.1%, on a year earlier. The Top Five players by fuel volume share accounted for only 35.0% of the Lithuanian service station network, indicating a fragmented market.
As at January 1, 2012 the number of sites with a car wash, 182, was down 6.2% on a year earlier. There was a car wash facility at 20.7% of service stations in Lithuania.
- Which are the top five players in the Lithuanian service station retail market and how many sites, shops, and car washes do they have?
- What is the market share and average fuel throughput per site of the top five players in Lithuania?
- How is the service station network evolving and which players are opening new outlets, as well as increasing forecourt shops and car washes?
- What strategies do key players have across their fuel and non-fuel offerings in terms of products sold, branding, partnerships, and suppliers used?
Table of contentsN/A
The just-drinks office is currently: Closed
Office opening hours
The office is closed during weekends.
Current time at just-drinks headquarters: 12:28am (Friday, 13 December 2013)