Service Station Retailing in Latvia 2012
Based on Verdict's proprietary market data and insight into key fuel retailers, this brief provides you with an up-to-date picture of the fuel retailing market in Latvia. As well as outlining service station numbers, fuel sales, competitor shares, and fuel and site forecasts, it details retailers' c-store, car wash, and unmanned site numbers with an overview of their product offerings.
- Benchmark your service station retail offer against the major national players by examining their number of sites, shops, and car washes.
- Develop marketing ideas for your service station shop, car wash, and card propositions by examining the activities of players across Latvia.
- Make informed pitches to potential partners by gaining insights into the major retailers’ networks, market shares, fuel throughputs, and future plans.
- Assess overall market entry potential by accessing key market indicators including registered cars, national fuel volumes, and average prices.
In 2011, total fuel consumption in Latvia fell 3.5% to 865 million liters. Petrol consumption declined by 11.9% to 340 million liters, continuing the trend set over the last three years.
Unlike many European markets, Latvia’s fuel retail market is predominantly operated by small independent retailers, which own 32.5% of service stations. The top three players, namely Statoil, Neste, and Lukoil, account for 62% of total fuel volume sales in Latvia.
Over half of all service stations in Latvia (52.7%) feature a shop. The total number of service stations with a shop in Latvia rose 6.9% in 2011 to 277 sites.
- Which are the top five players in the Latvian service station retail market and how many sites, shops, and car washes do they have?
- What is the market share and average fuel throughput per site of the top five players in Latvia?
- How is the service station network evolving and which players are opening new outlets, as well as increasing forecourt shops and car washes?
- What strategies do key players have across their fuel and non-fuel offerings in terms of products sold, branding, partnerships, and suppliers used?
Table of contentsN/A
The just-drinks office is currently: Open
Office opening hours
The office is closed during weekends.
Current time at just-drinks headquarters: 4:51pm (Wednesday, 4 December 2013)