Service Station Retailing in Germany 2012
Based on Verdict's proprietary market data and insight into key fuel retailers, this brief provides you with an up-to-date picture of the fuel retailing market in Germany. As well as outlining service station numbers, fuel sales, competitor shares, and fuel and site forecasts, it details retailers' c-store, car wash, and unmanned site numbers with an overview of their product offerings.
- Benchmark your service station retail offer against the major national players by examining their number of sites, shops, and car washes.
- Develop marketing ideas for your service station shop, car wash, and card propositions by examining the activities of players across Germany.
- Make informed pitches to potential partners by gaining insights into the major retailers’ networks, market shares, fuel throughputs, and future plans.
- Assess overall market entry potential by accessing key market indicators including registered cars, national fuel volumes, and average prices.
Fuel consumption in Germany continued the upward trend of the last three years ,increasing 1.5% compared to 2010. Gasoline consumption marginally declined by 0.2% in 2011 on the previous year. Diesel sales on the other hand continued the trend started in 2006 by increasing consumption by 3%.
69.4% of volume sold within the German fuel market in 2011 was sold by the top five companies. The service station network within Germany marginally increased by 0.04% in 2011.
Germany had an extremely high shop penetration rate in 2011, with 94.4% of all service stations featuring a shop. Meanwhile, 72.2% of fuel outlets had a car wash facility.
- Which are the top five players in the German service station retail market and how many sites, shops, and car washes do they have?
- What is the market share and average fuel throughput per site of the top five players in Germany?
- How is the service station network evolving and which players are opening new outlets, as well as increasing forecourt shops and car washes?
- What strategies do key players have across their fuel and non-fuel offerings in terms of products sold, branding, partnerships, and suppliers used?
Table of contentsN/A
The just-drinks office is currently: Open
Office opening hours
The office is closed during weekends.
Current time at just-drinks headquarters: 1:46pm (Thursday, 23 May 2013)