Service Station Retailing in Finland 2012
Based on Verdict's proprietary market data and insight into key fuel retailers, this brief provides you with an up-to-date picture of the fuel retailing market in Finland. As well as outlining service station numbers, fuel sales, competitor shares, and fuel and site forecasts, it details retailers' c-store, car wash, and unmanned site numbers with an overview of their product offerings.
- Benchmark your service station retail offer against the major national players by examining their number of sites, shops, and car washes.
- Develop marketing ideas for your service station shop, car wash, and card propositions by examining the activities of players across Finland.
- Make informed pitches to potential partners by gaining insights into the major retailers’ networks, market shares, fuel throughputs, and future plans.
- Assess overall market entry potential by accessing key market indicators including registered cars, national fuel volumes, and average prices.
Total fuel volume sales declined marginally by 0.8% in 2011, after a year of growth. Petrol consumption fell 3.4% in 2011 following the trend of the previous year. Diesel consumption however increased by 3.0%.
The total number of service stations declined by 18 in 2011 to 1,947 sites. 89.7% of all service stations in Finland were operated by the Top Five fuel brands led by Neste on 26.2%. However St 1 including Shell had 27.3%.
The number of car washes at service stations in Finland recovered in 2011 to 588, only four short of the peak in 2009. Service station car washes increased 7.7% in 2011 adding 42 new sites with car wash facilities. They could be found at 30.2% of service stations.
- Which are the top five players in the Finnish service station retail market and how many sites, shops, and car washes do they have?
- What is the market share and average fuel throughput per site of the top five players in Finland?
- How is the service station network evolving and which players are opening new outlets, as well as increasing forecourt shops and car washes?
- What strategies do key players have across their fuel and non-fuel offerings in terms of products sold, branding, partnerships, and suppliers used?
Table of contentsN/A
The just-drinks office is currently: Closed
Office opening hours
The office is closed during weekends.
Current time at just-drinks headquarters: 9:35pm (Friday, 13 December 2013)