Service Station Retailing in Belgium 2012
Based on Verdict's proprietary market data and insight into key fuel retailers, this brief provides you with an up-to-date picture of the fuel retailing market in Belgium. As well as outlining service station numbers, fuel sales, competitor shares, and fuel and site forecasts, it details retailers' c-store, car wash, and unmanned site numbers with an overview of their product offerings.
- Benchmark your service station retail offer against the major national players by examining their number of sites, shops, and car washes.
- Develop marketing ideas for your service station shop, car wash, and card propositions by examining the activities of players across Belgium.
- Make informed pitches to potential partners by gaining insights into the major retailers’ networks, market shares, fuel throughputs, and future plans.
- Assess overall market entry potential by accessing key market indicators including registered cars, national fuel volumes, and average prices.
Total fuel consumption in Belgium fell by 0.7% in 2011, a change from the 0.3% increase during 2010. Volume sales of diesel declined by 1.2% in 2011, while petrol saw a sales increase of 1.0%.
54.2% of the service stations in Belgium were owned by the top five companies in 2011. The total number of service stations in Belgium decreased by 1.1% in 2011 to 3,175 sites, continuing a period of decline.
70.5% of service stations in Belgium had a shop in 2011, while 11.0% featured a car wash.
- Which are the top five players in the Belgian service station retail market and how many sites, shops, and car washes do they have?
- What is the market share and average fuel throughput per site of the top five players in Belgium?
- How is the service station network evolving and which players are opening new outlets, as well as increasing forecourt shops and car washes?
- What strategies do key players have across their fuel and non-fuel offerings in terms of products sold, branding, partnerships, and suppliers used?
Table of contentsN/A
The just-drinks office is currently: Closed
Office opening hours
The office is closed during weekends.
Current time at just-drinks headquarters: 3:07am (Wednesday, 19 June 2013)