Service Station Retailing in Austria 2012
Based on Verdict's proprietary market data and insight into key fuel retailers, this brief provides you with an up-to-date picture of the fuel retailing market in Austria. As well as outlining service station numbers, fuel sales, competitor shares, and fuel and site forecasts, it details retailers' c-store, car wash, and unmanned site numbers with an overview of their product offerings.
- Benchmark your service station retail offer against the major national players by examining their number of sites, shops, and car washes.
- Develop marketing ideas for your service station shop, car wash, and card propositions by examining the activities of players across Austria.
- Make informed pitches to potential partners by gaining insights into the major retailers’ networks, market shares, fuel throughputs, and future plans.
- Assess overall market entry potential by accessing key market indicators including registered cars, national fuel volumes, and average prices.
Total fuel consumption in Austria decreased by 1.9% to 6,458 million liters in 2011 after a slight increase in 2010. Gasoline volume sales fell by 3.6% in 2011, following the trend from 2010. Diesel declined less than gasoline, falling 0.9% compared to 2010.
67.8% of service stations in Austria have a shop, this figure has declined from 68.9%. The total number of sites with a shop decreased by 4.6% in 2011 to 1,746.
Car wash sites in Austria account for 53.6% of the service station network in 2011. This figure is only marginally lower than the 53.8% share in 2011. Car wash sites in Austria fell by 3.5% in 2011, with sites falling to 1,380 following a 50 site decrease from 2010.
- Which are the top five players in the Austrian service station retail market and how many sites, shops, and car washes do they have?
- What is the market share and average fuel throughput per site of the top five players in Austria?
- How is the service station network evolving and which players are opening new outlets, as well as increasing forecourt shops and car washes?
- What strategies do key players have across their fuel and non-fuel offerings in terms of products sold, branding, partnerships, and suppliers used?
Table of contentsN/A
The just-drinks office is currently: Closed
Office opening hours
The office is closed during weekends.
Current time at just-drinks headquarters: 10:57am (Saturday, 7 December 2013)