SABMiller plc (SAB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
SABMiller plc (SABMiller) is a multinational brewing and beverage company. It is one of the world's leading brewers in the world with brewing interests and distribution agreements across six continents. The company together with its subsidiaries, offers lager, soft drinks and other beverages in global markets. SABMiller's wide portfolio of brands includes over 200 plus international and local brands. In the fiscal 2012, the company sold 286 million hectoliters of total beverage and 229 million hectolitres of lager. The brands portfolio of premium international beers brands include Grolsch, Miller Genuine Draft and Peroni Nastro Azzurro while domestic brands include Pilsner Urquell, Aguila, Miller Lite, Snow, Castle and Tyskie. The company's six brands rank among the top 50 in the world. SABMiller is also one of the largest bottlers of Coca-Cola products in the world. The company is headquartered in London, England, the UK.
This comprehensive SWOT profile of SABMiller plc provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Table of contents
Section 1 - About the Company
SABMiller plc - Key Facts
SABMiller plc - Key Employees
SABMiller plc - Key Employee Biographies
SABMiller plc - Major Products and Services
SABMiller plc - History
SABMiller plc - Company Statement
SABMiller plc - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 – Company Analysis
SABMiller plc - Business Description
SABMiller plc - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
SABMiller plc - Strengths
Strength - Research & Development Activities
Strength - Wide Geographical Presence
Strength - Dominant Market Position
Strength - Operational Efficiencies
SABMiller plc - Weaknesses
Weakness - Increasing Debt Burden
Weakness - Involvement in Litigations
SABMiller plc - Opportunities
Opportunity - Growing Demand in the Asia Pacific Region
Opportunity - Investments in Key Regions
Opportunity - Strategic Alliances
SABMiller plc - Threats
Threat - Intense Competition
Threat - Government Regulations
Threat - Rise in Input Costs
SABMiller plc - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
SABMiller plc, Recent Deals Summary
Section 4 – Appendix
List of Tables
SABMiller plc, Key Facts
SABMiller plc, Key Employees
SABMiller plc, Key Employee Biographies
SABMiller plc, Major Products and Services
SABMiller plc, History
SABMiller plc, Other Locations
SABMiller plc, Subsidiaries
SABMiller plc, Key Competitors
SABMiller plc, Ratios based on current share price
SABMiller plc, Annual Ratios
SABMiller plc, Interim Ratios
SABMiller plc, Recent Deals Summary
Capital Market Ratios
List of Figures
SABMiller plc, Performance Chart (2008 - 2012)
SABMiller plc, Ratio Charts
The just-drinks office is currently: Closed
Office opening hours
The office is closed during weekends.
Current time at just-drinks headquarters: 1:35am (Wednesday, 22 May 2013)