Right-For-Me: Consumer and Innovation Trends
Consumers are looking to express their individualistic values through the products and brands that they buy, either consciously or subconsciously. Consequently consumers are gravitating towards products and services that offer compelling image associations (e.g. sophisticated, ethical, or fun) that match their own ideal self-image and outlook on life.
- Pinpoint key marketing and innovation 'platforms' that can be employed to entice new product trial. See how they relate to 'on-trend' examples.
- Access a unique blend of consumer and innovation insight to understand how consumers want products to offer personalized benefits.
- Trend overview and sector specific analysis covering food, non-alcoholic drinks, alcoholic drinks, personal care, household care, packaging and retail
In the CPG space there is a growing belief among both producers and consumers that mass market products can not be effective for everyone. As a result, personalization looks set to be an influential trend. Faced with a more pragmatic and value-conscious post-recessionary consumer, brands are under greater pressure to prove their worth.
57% of global consumers attach importance to choosing brands matching their attitudes and outlook on life, reflecting how consumption is used to help construct one’s self identity. Expect consumers to place brands under increasing scrutiny about what they stand for and how they match their own personal values.
Many consumers are gravitating towards narrower, highly defined products. However, demand for more personalized solutions is moderated by consumer demand for a simple and straightforward shopping/consumption experience.
- How important is personalization in a brand’s overall proposition?
- What is the 'Right-For-Me' sub-trend? How does it impact consumers? What will it mean for core product and marketing innovation in my sector?
- What is the balance of consumer opinion towards a range of personalization influencing issues? How does it vary by country and demographics?
- What are the key mega-trends, trends, and sub-trends that are shaping the consumer and innovation landscape? Where does 'Right-For-Me' fit?
Table of contents
The just-drinks office is currently: Closed
Office opening hours
The office is closed during weekends.
Current time at just-drinks headquarters: 10:33pm (Wednesday, 22 May 2013)