Parmalat S.p.A. (PLT) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Parmalat S.p.A. (PLT) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Parmalat S.p.A. (Parmalat) is one of the leading food and beverages suppliers. Parmalat provides a wide range of products including fresh milk, extended shelf life (ESL) and long life (UHT) milk, functional milk providing health benefits beyond basic nutrition, pasteurized milk, condensed milk, powdered and flavored milk, cream, bechamel products, fruit juices, soy drinks, concentrated juices, tea, yogurt, probiotics, desserts, margarine, ice cream ingredients, cheese and butter. It also offers ice cream, ingredients, and other minor product categories products.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of contents
Section 1 - About the Company
Parmalat S.p.A. - Key Facts
Parmalat S.p.A. - Key Employees
Parmalat S.p.A. - Key Employee Biographies
Parmalat S.p.A. - Key Operational Employees
Parmalat S.p.A. - Major Products and Services
Parmalat S.p.A. - History
Parmalat S.p.A. - Company Statement
Parmalat S.p.A. - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 – Company Analysis
Parmalat S.p.A. - Business Description
Parmalat S.p.A. - Corporate Strategy
Parmalat S.p.A. - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Parmalat S.p.A. - Strengths
Strength - Geographical Diversity
Strength - Strong Products Strategy
Strength - Leading Market Position
Strength - Broad Product and Brand Portfolio
Parmalat S.p.A. - Weaknesses
Weakness - Declining Liquidity Position
Weakness - Weak Financial Performance
Parmalat S.p.A. - Opportunities
Opportunity - Rising Demand for Non-alcoholic Beverages
Opportunity - Focus on R&D and Product Innovations
Opportunity - Growing Organic Foods Market
Parmalat S.p.A. - Threats
Threat - Fluctuating Prices of Raw Materials
Threat - Government Regulations
Threat - Growing Competition
Parmalat S.p.A. - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Section 4 – Appendix
List of Tables
Parmalat S.p.A., Key Facts
Parmalat S.p.A., Key Employees
Parmalat S.p.A., Key Employee Biographies
Parmalat S.p.A., Key Operational Employees
Parmalat S.p.A., Major Products and Services
Parmalat S.p.A., History
Parmalat S.p.A., Subsidiaries
Parmalat S.p.A., Key Competitors
Parmalat S.p.A., Ratios based on current share price
Parmalat S.p.A., Annual Ratios
Parmalat S.p.A., Interim Ratios
Capital Market Ratios
List of Figures
Parmalat S.p.A., Performance Chart (2008 - 2012)
Parmalat S.p.A., Ratio Charts
The just-drinks office is currently: Closed
Office opening hours
The office is closed during weekends.
Current time at just-drinks headquarters: 6:48pm (Wednesday, 12 March 2014)