Meiji Holdings Co., Ltd. (2269) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Meiji Holdings Co., Ltd. (Meiji Holdings) is a conglomerate operating in dairy products, confectionery and healthcare and pharmaceutical industries. It undertakes the manufacture and selling of fresh dairy products, powdered milk, condensed milk, butter, cheese, confectioneries, sugar, corn sweeteners, functional healthcare products, ethical pharmaceuticals, agricultural chemicals and veterinary drugs. The company also provides transportation, storage, mechanical engineering services among others. Meiji Holdings principally operates through its two subsidiaries, namely, Meiji Co, Ltd., and Meiji Seika Pharma Co., Ltd. The company has its presence in the US, China, India, Australia, Indonesia, Europe, Singapore and Thailand. Meiji Holdings is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan.
The company focuses on its product portfolio expansion by building strong operating base besides gaining expertise through agreements and collaborations. This intent is reflected from the recent signing of an agreement with Dong-A Pharmaceuticals for the research and development of biosimilars which is a high potential field. It has also initiated the construction of a new plant in Osaka for building its operating base to support its current portfolio.
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Meiji Holdings Co., Ltd. provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Table of contents
Section 1 - About the Company
Meiji Holdings Co., Ltd. - Key Facts
Meiji Holdings Co., Ltd. - Key Employees
Meiji Holdings Co., Ltd. - Major Products and Services
Meiji Holdings Co., Ltd. - History
Meiji Holdings Co., Ltd. - Company Statement
Meiji Holdings Co., Ltd. - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Meiji Holdings Co., Ltd. - Key Manufacturing Facilities
Section 2 – Company Analysis
Meiji Holdings Co., Ltd. - Business Description
Meiji Holdings Co., Ltd. - Corporate Strategy
Meiji Holdings Co., Ltd. - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Meiji Holdings Co., Ltd. - Strengths
Strength - Compliance with Quality Standards
Strength - Comprehensive Product Portfolio
Strength - Sturdy Research and Development Activities
Meiji Holdings Co., Ltd. - Weaknesses
Weakness - Geopgraphical Concentration
Weakness - Declined Operational Performance
Weakness - Increasing Accounts Receivable
Meiji Holdings Co., Ltd. - Opportunities
Opportunity - Corporate Reorganization
Opportunity - Growing Demand in the Snacks and Savory Market
Opportunity - Rising Aging Population
Opportunity - Strategic Management Approach: Medium-Term
Meiji Holdings Co., Ltd. - Threats
Threat - Laws and Regulations
Threat - Raw Materials Risk
Threat - Intense Competition
Meiji Holdings Co., Ltd. - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Section 4 – Appendix
List of Tables
Meiji Holdings Co., Ltd., Key Facts
Meiji Holdings Co., Ltd., Key Employees
Meiji Holdings Co., Ltd., Major Products and Services
Meiji Holdings Co., Ltd., History
Meiji Holdings Co., Ltd., Other Locations
Meiji Holdings Co., Ltd., Key Manufacturing Facilities
Meiji Holdings Co., Ltd., Affiliate
Meiji Holdings Co., Ltd., Key Competitors
Meiji Holdings Co., Ltd., Ratios based on current share price
Meiji Holdings Co., Ltd., Annual Ratios
Meiji Holdings Co., Ltd., Interim Ratios
Capital Market Ratios
List of Figures
Meiji Holdings Co., Ltd., Performance Chart (2010 - 2012)
Meiji Holdings Co., Ltd., Ratio Charts
Related research categories
By company: SWOT analysis
The just-drinks office is currently: Closed
Office opening hours
The office is closed during weekends.
Current time at just-drinks headquarters: 3:01pm (Sunday, 19 May 2013)