Meijer, Inc. - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Meijer, Inc. (Meijer) conducts retailing of grocery and general merchandise through its supercenters. The company offers a wide range of products, including fresh produce, fresh meat and seafood, health and beauty care, grocery, electronics, automotive, home decor, apparel, pharmacy, and pet foods, among others. It also offers various services such as financial services, digital photo printing services, online prescription refills, mPartner deals, gas text alerts and information related to diet, exercise and others. Meijer also provides gift cards and e-gift cards to its customers. The company uses both physical store format and websites to sell its products. It operates more than 200 stores in five states, namely Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois and Kentucky. It has two manufacturing facilities, five regional offices and four distribution facility complexes. The company's online retail websites include meijer.com, meijerwinelist.com, meijerhealthyliving.com and katiebrown.meijer.com. Meijer is headquartered in Michigan, the US.
The company's strategy intend to open more number of new stores so as to increase its customer base and revenue, in this line recently the company opened a new marketplace store in Chicago community of Berwyn.
GlobalData’s Meijer, Inc. - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides a comprehensive insight into the company’s history, corporate strategy, business structure and operations. The report contains a detailed SWOT analysis, information on the company’s key employees, key competitors and major products and services.
This up-to-the-minute company report will help you to formulate strategies to drive your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – GlobalData’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list of key locations and subsidiaries of the company, including contact details.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research purposes. Key elements such as SWOT analysis and corporate strategy are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
- Identify potential customers and suppliers with this report’s analysis of the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services and business strategy.
- Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies with GlobalData’s detailed SWOT analysis. In this, the company’s core strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats are analyzed, providing you with an up to date objective view of the company.
- Examine potential investment and acquisition targets with this report’s detailed insight into the company’s strategic, business and operational performance.
Table of contents
Section 1 - About the Company
Meijer, Inc. - Key Facts
Meijer, Inc. - Key Employees
Meijer, Inc. - Major Products and Services
Meijer, Inc. - History
Meijer, Inc. - Company Statement
Meijer, Inc. - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 – Company Analysis
Meijer, Inc. - Business Description
Meijer, Inc. - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Meijer, Inc. - Strengths
Strength - Strong Domestic Player
Strength - Broad Products Offerings
Strength - Valued Added Services for Customers and Partners
Meijer, Inc. - Weaknesses
Weakness - Limited Store Presence
Weakness - Involvement in Litigations
Meijer, Inc. - Opportunities
Opportunity - Rising Private Label Market
Opportunity - Growth Potential in Pharmaceutical Retailing
Opportunity - Rising Demand for Online Shopping
Opportunity - New Format Stores
Meijer, Inc. - Threats
Threat - Rising Manpower Costs
Threat - Supplier Risks
Threat - Return Fraud
Meijer, Inc. - Key Competitors
Meijer, Inc., Recent Deals Summary
Section 3 – Appendix
List of Tables
Meijer, Inc., Key Facts
Meijer, Inc., Key Employees
Meijer, Inc., Major Products and Services
Meijer, Inc., History
Meijer, Inc., Other Locations
Meijer, Inc., Key Competitors
Meijer, Inc., Recent Deals Summary
The just-drinks office is currently: Closed
Office opening hours
The office is closed during weekends.
Current time at just-drinks headquarters: 12:09am (Thursday, 20 June 2013)