Mars, Incorporated - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Mars, Incorporated (Mars) is a global confectionery and pet care company. The company carries out the manufacturing and distribution of confectionery, food and pet care products. The company’s product portfolio comprises chocolate, non-chocolate confectionery, gum, food, drinks and pet care products among others. Mars markets its products under several global brands such as M&M's, Snickers, Dove, Mars, Orbit, Extra, Pedigree, Whiskas, Royal Canin, Uncle Ben's, Flavia and Cirkuhealth among others. The company also operates 800 pet hospitals in North America. The company has international presence in more than 73 countries. Mars is headquartered in Virginia, the US.
The company, in its Sustainable Cocoa Initiative, purchased cocoa supply from certified sustainable sources and met the 2011 goal of purchasing 10% of its total cocoa supply as certified sustainable.
GlobalData’s Mars, Incorporated - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides a comprehensive insight into the company’s history, corporate strategy, business structure and operations. The report contains a detailed SWOT analysis, information on the company’s key employees, key competitors and major products and services.
This up-to-the-minute company report will help you to formulate strategies to drive your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – GlobalData’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list of key locations and subsidiaries of the company, including contact details.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research purposes. Key elements such as SWOT analysis and corporate strategy are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
- Identify potential customers and suppliers with this report’s analysis of the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services and business strategy.
- Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies with GlobalData’s detailed SWOT analysis. In this, the company’s core strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats are analyzed, providing you with an up to date objective view of the company.
- Examine potential investment and acquisition targets with this report’s detailed insight into the company’s strategic, business and operational performance.
Table of contentsSection 1 - About the Company
Mars, Incorporated - Key Facts
Mars, Incorporated - Key Employees
Mars, Incorporated - Key Employee Biographies
Mars, Incorporated - Major Products and Services
Mars, Incorporated - History
Mars, Incorporated - Company Statement
Mars, Incorporated - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Mars, Incorporated - Key Manufacturing Facilities
Section 2 – Company Analysis
Mars, Incorporated - Business Description
Mars, Incorporated - Corporate Strategy
Mars, Incorporated - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Mars, Incorporated - Strengths
Strength - Broad Product and Brand Portfolio
Strength - Geographic Landscape
Strength - Leading Market Position
Mars, Incorporated - Weaknesses
Weakness - Product Recall
Mars, Incorporated - Opportunities
Opportunity - Market Potential: Emerging Market
Opportunity - Key Business Initiatives
Opportunity - New Product Launches
Mars, Incorporated - Threats
Threat - Competitive Landscape
Threat - Changing Consumer Demands
Threat - Government Regulations
Threat - Rising Raw Material Costs
Mars, Incorporated - Key Competitors
Mars, Incorporated, Recent Deals Summary
Section 3 – Appendix
List of Tables
Mars, Incorporated, Key Facts
Mars, Incorporated, Key Employees
Mars, Incorporated, Key Employee Biographies
Mars, Incorporated, Major Products and Services
Mars, Incorporated, History
Mars, Incorporated, Other Locations
Mars, Incorporated, Subsidiaries
Mars, Incorporated, Key Manufacturing Facilities
Mars, Incorporated, Key Competitors
Mars, Incorporated, Recent Deals Summary
Related research categories
By company: SWOT analysis
The just-drinks office is currently: Closed
Office opening hours
The office is closed during weekends.
Current time at just-drinks headquarters: 9:23am (Sunday, 19 May 2013)