Market Insights: Juices in South Africa
This report forms a part of the Datamonitor's newly introduced product series titled "Market Insights". It aims to provide both quantitative and qualitative analysis to clients on the market data and trends across various industry sectors.
- Examines developments in the South African juices category
- Provides latest retail data at a category level along with 5 year forecasts, highlighting specific growth areas
- Examines new product launches in the South African juices category, by key segments
- Identifies the leading players in the market, providing details on brand portfolio and new product launches
The South African juices category recorded volume sales of over 600 million liters and grew by 4.3% during 2004-09. Over the forecast period (2009-2014), the category is estimated to grow at a steady rate of 5%.
Factors like the country's subtropical climate, a high proportion of young population, and increasing health consciousness are driving juices consumption and sales in the country. On the other hand, food price inflation is expected to impact the sale of juices in future.
In 2010, the pure fruit juice (100% juice) segment had the largest number of new product launches, contributing to nearly 80% of all juices launched in 2010.
Reasons to Purchase
- Market understanding: develop a detailed understanding of the juices category and identify the key growth segments within it
- Consumer trends and behavior: find out the latest consumer trends driving the category alongside accessing the consumption and usage data
- Competitive landscape: obtain information on the key players operating in the category and understand their key strengths in various segments
Table of contentsIntroduction
New Product Launches
The just-drinks office is currently: Open
Office opening hours
The office is closed during weekends.
Current time at just-drinks headquarters: 12:39pm (Thursday, 20 June 2013)