Liquor Control Board of Ontario - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Liquor Control Board of Ontario (LCBO) is a provincial government enterprise. It is one of the largest buyers and retailers of beverage alcohol in the world. The company specializes in distribution and sale of alcoholic beverages. LBCO principally conducts the retailing of alcohol products and beverages through in-store, agency stores and online retail formats. LCBO offers wide range of more than 19,000 products annually, which includes beer, scotch, whisky, rum, vodka, spirits and wine. The company's stores are the only stores allowed to sell distilled spirits in Ontario. It offers products under the brands, namely, Muskoka, Schneider, Whistler, Tankhouse, Wellington, Waterloo, Trailhead, Hoisten, Cheval Blanc, Monbousquet, Vidal Icewine and others. The company operates through 623 stores, which are supplied by five regional distribution centers throughout Ontario. LBCO is headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
GlobalData’s Liquor Control Board of Ontario - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides a comprehensive insight into the company’s history, corporate strategy, business structure and operations. The report contains a detailed SWOT analysis, information on the company’s key employees, key competitors and major products and services.
This up-to-the-minute company report will help you to formulate strategies to drive your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – GlobalData’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list of key locations and subsidiaries of the company, including contact details.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research purposes. Key elements such as SWOT analysis and corporate strategy are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
- Identify potential customers and suppliers with this report’s analysis of the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services and business strategy.
- Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies with GlobalData’s detailed SWOT analysis. In this, the company’s core strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats are analyzed, providing you with an up to date objective view of the company.
- Examine potential investment and acquisition targets with this report’s detailed insight into the company’s strategic, business and operational performance.
Table of contents
Section 1 - About the Company
Liquor Control Board of Ontario - Key Facts
Liquor Control Board of Ontario - Key Employees
Liquor Control Board of Ontario - Key Employee Biographies
Liquor Control Board of Ontario - Major Products and Services
Liquor Control Board of Ontario - History
Liquor Control Board of Ontario - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 – Company Analysis
Liquor Control Board of Ontario - Business Description
Liquor Control Board of Ontario - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Liquor Control Board of Ontario - Strengths
Strength - Broad Product and Brand Portfolio
Strength - Strong Liquidity position
Strength - Strong Market Position
Strength - Effective Promotional Strategy
Liquor Control Board of Ontario - Weaknesses
Weakness - Unhealthy Product Reviews
Weakness - Recent Litigations
Weakness - Uncompetitive Pricing Policies
Liquor Control Board of Ontario - Opportunities
Opportunity - Scope For More Stores
Opportunity - Growth in Online Shopping
Opportunity - Strategic Partnership
Liquor Control Board of Ontario - Threats
Threat - Growing Competition
Threat - Change in Demographics
Threat - Stiff Regulations
Liquor Control Board of Ontario - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Appendix
List of Tables
Liquor Control Board of Ontario, Key Facts
Liquor Control Board of Ontario, Key Employees
Liquor Control Board of Ontario, Key Employee Biographies
Liquor Control Board of Ontario, Major Products and Services
Liquor Control Board of Ontario, History
Liquor Control Board of Ontario, Other Locations
Liquor Control Board of Ontario, Key Competitors
Related research categories
By company: SWOT analysis
The just-drinks office is currently: Closed
Office opening hours
The office is closed during weekends.
Current time at just-drinks headquarters: 6:39am (Saturday, 25 May 2013)