Ledesma S.A.A.I (LEDE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Ledesma S.A.A.I (Ledesma) is an agricultural/industrial company. It specializes in the cultivation and industrializing sugar cane. The company is the Argentina’s leading producer of sugar and paper. Ledesma operates through four lines of businesses, namely, Sugar Syrups and Alcohol; Paper; Fruits and Juices; and Agriculture and Livestock Breeding. Ledesma works in exploration and exploitation oil and gas at Aguarague oilfields. The product portfolio of the company includes sugar, syrup, alcohol, cellulose, paper, fruits, juices and meat products. The company through its regional offices has operations in Cordoba, Blanca, Rosario, Mar del Plata, Mendoza and Bahía across Argentina,. Ledesma is headquartered in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Ledesma S.A.A.I provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Table of contents
Section 1 - About the Company
Ledesma S.A.A.I - Key Facts
Ledesma S.A.A.I - Key Employees
Ledesma S.A.A.I - Major Products and Services
Ledesma S.A.A.I - History
Ledesma S.A.A.I - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 – Company Analysis
Ledesma S.A.A.I - Business Description
Ledesma S.A.A.I - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Ledesma S.A.A.I - Strengths
Strength - Strong Financial Performance
Strength - Diverse Product Portfolio
Ledesma S.A.A.I - Weaknesses
Weakness - Substantial Debt Burden
Ledesma S.A.A.I - Opportunities
Opportunity - Sugar, Starch and Fruit Concentrates
Opportunity - Growing Demand for Paper Products
Opportunity - Growth Prospects: Meat Sector
Ledesma S.A.A.I - Threats
Threat - Fiercely Competitive Market
Threat - High Distribution Costs
Threat - Changing Consumer Preferences
Ledesma S.A.A.I - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Section 4 – Appendix
List of Tables
Ledesma S.A.A.I, Key Facts
Ledesma S.A.A.I, Key Employees
Ledesma S.A.A.I, Major Products and Services
Ledesma S.A.A.I, History
Ledesma S.A.A.I, Subsidiaries
Ledesma S.A.A.I, Key Competitors
Ledesma S.A.A.I, Ratios based on current share price
Ledesma S.A.A.I, Annual Ratios
Ledesma S.A.A.I, Interim Ratios
Capital Market Ratios
List of Figures
Ledesma S.A.A.I, Performance Chart (2008 - 2012)
Ledesma S.A.A.I, Ratio Charts
The just-drinks office is currently: Open
Office opening hours
The office is closed during weekends.
Current time at just-drinks headquarters: 3:39pm (Friday, 24 May 2013)