Kikkoman Corporation (2801) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Kikkoman Corporation (Kikkoman) is one of the leading manufacturers of food products, beverages and other food products. It is the world's first producer of soy sauce. The company together with its subsidiaries, produces and markets soy sauces, sauces, tomato ketchup and related food seasonings and flavoring, sake, liquor, and wine, carbonated drinks, juices and other beverages, delicatessen items, rice, noodles, and processed soybean products and livestock feed. Kikkoman also carries out other businesses, including pharmaceuticals, real estate rental, logistics, restaurants and chemical products. The company markets its products in 100 countries across Asia, Europe and North America. Kikkoman is headquartered in Chiba, Japan.
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Kikkoman Corporation provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Table of contents
Section 1 - About the Company
Kikkoman Corporation - Key Facts
Kikkoman Corporation - Key Employees
Kikkoman Corporation - Key Employee Biographies
Kikkoman Corporation - Major Products and Services
Kikkoman Corporation - History
Kikkoman Corporation - Company Statement
Kikkoman Corporation - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Kikkoman Corporation - Key Manufacturing Facilities
Section 2 – Company Analysis
Kikkoman Corporation - Business Description
Kikkoman Corporation - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Kikkoman Corporation - Strengths
Strength - Wide Business Portfolio
Strength - Focus on Innovations
Strength - Increased Profitability Ratios
Kikkoman Corporation - Weaknesses
Weakness - Substantial Presence of Debt
Weakness - Geographic Concentration
Kikkoman Corporation - Opportunities
Opportunity - New Product Launches
Opportunity - Growing Trend of Online Retailing
Opportunity - Growth Potential in Emerging Markets
Kikkoman Corporation - Threats
Threat - Risk from Competition
Threat - Rising Demand of Private Labels
Threat - Weak Japanese Economy
Kikkoman Corporation - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Kikkoman Corporation, Recent Deals Summary
Section 4 – Appendix
List of Tables
Kikkoman Corporation, Key Facts
Kikkoman Corporation, Key Employees
Kikkoman Corporation, Key Employee Biographies
Kikkoman Corporation, Major Products and Services
Kikkoman Corporation, History
Kikkoman Corporation, Subsidiaries
Kikkoman Corporation, Key Manufacturing Facilities
Kikkoman Corporation, Key Competitors
Kikkoman Corporation, Ratios based on current share price
Kikkoman Corporation, Annual Ratios
Kikkoman Corporation, Interim Ratios
Kikkoman Corporation, Recent Deals Summary
Capital Market Ratios
List of Figures
Kikkoman Corporation, Performance Chart (2008 - 2012)
Kikkoman Corporation, Ratio Charts
The just-drinks office is currently: Closed
Office opening hours
The office is closed during weekends.
Current time at just-drinks headquarters: 11:17am (Saturday, 25 May 2013)