Kids Food and Beverage Market in the U.S.
Fact is, the kids’ food market is a broad and complex one, spanning numerous categories and product segments. In Kids Food and Beverage Market in the U.S., Packaged Facts qualifies a food as being a kids’ food when it has a taste kids love; nutrition kids need; or entertainment kids crave. Ideally the product possesses all three of these characteristics. This is accomplished through formulation, packaging, and marketing.
There are a number of reasons why food marketers are developing products specifically for the 2- to 12-year-old age group. For starters, this demographic represents about one-seventh of the population. It is also the most influential demographic for marketers. Life-long dietary habits are established during this 10-year age span, and brand loyalty begins. These factors and more are influencing the $10 billion market for children’s food and beverages.
Scope of Report
This report focuses on retail-packaged food and beverage products, or simply foods, targeted to children in the 2- to 12-year-old age group. Packaged Facts divides the kids market into three segments:
- 2- to 5-year-olds, or preschoolers;
- 6- to 9-year-olds, or younger kids; and
- 10- to 12-year-olds, or tweens.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1: Executive Summary
- Scope of Report
- Report Methodology
- What Makes a Food a Kids’ Food?
- Retail Channels Covered
- Why Target Kids?
- The Regulatory Environment
- The Market
- A Conservative Assessment: 2010 Sales Hit $10 Billion
- Table 1-1: Total U.S. Sales of Kids’ Foods and Beverages, 2005-2015 (in millions of dollars)
- Kids’ Market Broken Down Into 7 Categories, Plus “Other”
- Figure 1-1: U.S. Kids’ Foods and Beverages, Dollar Sales and Percent Share by Category, 2010
- Traditional vs. Better-for-You Shares
- The Marketers
- General Mills Is a Market Powerhouse
- Campbell Soup Shakes the Salt
- ConAgra Encourages Kids to Play with Their Food
- Nestlé Focuses on Nutrition
- Sara Lee Gets to the Meat of the Matter
- Fresh & Easy Is a Committed “Green” Grocer
- Report Methodology
The just-drinks office is currently: Closed
Office opening hours
The office is closed during weekends.
Current time at just-drinks headquarters: 9:29pm (Sunday, 19 May 2013)