How Ireland Shops 2012| Verdict Market & Consumer Report : Food & Grocery
Discover which consumers are likely to spend over the next two years on food & grocery in Ireland and adapt your strategy to exploit the potential. Understand the strengths and weaknesses of your competitors in the market and what drives sector customer loyalty and use it to strengthen share in a highly competitive sector.
- Data is segmented regionally and by demographic and socio-economic group to enable you to identify which customer bases offer the most opportunities
- Using a profile of what kind of shopper visits your competitors and what drives them to shop there, devise strategies to win them away and take share
- Gain a view of the Irish retail market in food and grocery, including total spend and market shares of the leading retailers for 2011.
Retailers in Ireland have gone from boom to bust as the recession hit – retail spending has fallen by €8.6bn since 2008. Wage cuts and unemployment have produced a big drop in average earnings, squeezing consumers’ spending ability. But the research reveals there is increased optimism about the future among Irish consumers.
The largest group of optimists are in the 25-49 age group. This is a big bounce back for these consumers, especially those at the family lifestage, and indicates greater opportunities for retailers to sell to them in 2013/14.year than last, so it appears they feel that things can only get better.
- Confirm which competitors your customers prefer and why, and develop strategies to counteract their disloyalty
- Ascertain which factors are important to sector shoppers and adapt your merchandising and marketing to satisfy these.
Table of contents
The just-drinks office is currently: Closed
Office opening hours
The office is closed during weekends.
Current time at just-drinks headquarters: 7:09am (Wednesday, 11 December 2013)