Hindustan Unilever Limited (HINDUNILVR) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL) is one of the largest fast moving consumer goods company in India. The company, a subsidiary of Unilever, sells Foods and Home and Personal Care brands in various countries worldwide. The company, along with its subsidiaries, is carries out the production and distribution of soaps and detergents, personal products, beverages, foods, ice creams, exports and others products such as chemicals and agri products. The major brands of the company include Lux, Hamam, lifebuoy, Dove, RIN, Surf, Wheel, Vim, Fair & Lovely, Clinic Plus, Sun Silk, Close-up, Pepsodent, Lakme, Brook Bond and others. Hindustan Unilever Limited is headquartered at Mumbai, India.
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Hindustan Unilever Limited provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Table of contents
Section 1 - About the Company
Hindustan Unilever Limited - Key Facts
Hindustan Unilever Limited - Key Employees
Hindustan Unilever Limited - Key Employee Biographies
Hindustan Unilever Limited - Major Products and Services
Hindustan Unilever Limited - History
Hindustan Unilever Limited - Company Statement
Hindustan Unilever Limited - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 – Company Analysis
Hindustan Unilever Limited - Business Description
Hindustan Unilever Limited - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Hindustan Unilever Limited - Strengths
Strength - Research and Development Capabilities
Strength - Sufficient Cash from Operations to Support Capex
Strength - Wide Array of Product Offerings
Hindustan Unilever Limited - Weaknesses
Weakness - Declining Gross Margin
Hindustan Unilever Limited - Opportunities
Opportunity - Rising Demand for Cosmetic & Personal Care Trends
Opportunity - Positive Outlook for Beverages Market
Hindustan Unilever Limited - Threats
Threat - Highly Competitive Environment
Threat - Changing Consumer Preferences
Threat - Global Economic Scenario
Hindustan Unilever Limited - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Section 4 – Appendix
List of Tables
Hindustan Unilever Limited, Key Facts
Hindustan Unilever Limited, Key Employees
Hindustan Unilever Limited, Key Employee Biographies
Hindustan Unilever Limited, Major Products and Services
Hindustan Unilever Limited, History
Hindustan Unilever Limited, Subsidiaries
Hindustan Unilever Limited, Key Competitors
Hindustan Unilever Limited, Ratios based on current share price
Hindustan Unilever Limited, Annual Ratios
Capital Market Ratios
List of Figures
Hindustan Unilever Limited, Performance Chart (2009 - 2012)
Hindustan Unilever Limited, Ratio Charts
Related research categories
By company: SWOT analysis
The just-drinks office is currently: Closed
Office opening hours
The office is closed during weekends.
Current time at just-drinks headquarters: 10:38am (Saturday, 18 May 2013)