Grupo Modelo S.A.B. de C.V. (GMODELOC) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Grupo Modelo S.A.B. de C.V. (GMODELOC) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Grupo Modelo S.A.B. de C.V. (Grupo Modelo) undertakes beer production, distribution and marketing. Grupo Modelo brews and distributes 14 brands such as Corona Extra, Modelo Especial, Victoria, Pacífico, and Negra Modelo, among others. The company exports seven brands throughout the world. It imports Anheuser-Busch InBev’s products including Budweiser, Bud Light and O'Doul's. The company also imports the Chinese beer brand Tsingtao, the Danish Carlsberg and Spanish beer Mahou Cinco Estrellas. Grupo Modelo has a strategic alliance with Nestle Waters, through which it produces and distributes bottled water brands such as Santa Maria and Nestle Pureza Vital, among others.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of contents
Section 1 - About the Company
Grupo Modelo S.A.B. de C.V. - Key Facts
Grupo Modelo S.A.B. de C.V. - Key Employees
Grupo Modelo S.A.B. de C.V. - Major Products and Services
Grupo Modelo S.A.B. de C.V. - History
Grupo Modelo S.A.B. de C.V. - Company Statement
Grupo Modelo S.A.B. de C.V. - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Grupo Modelo S.A.B. de C.V. - Key Manufacturing Facilities
Section 2 – Company Analysis
Grupo Modelo S.A.B. de C.V. - Business Description
Grupo Modelo S.A.B. de C.V. - Corporate Strategy
Grupo Modelo S.A.B. de C.V. - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Grupo Modelo S.A.B. de C.V. - Strengths
Strength - Market Leadership in Mexico
Strength - Exports Operations
Strength - Strong Financial Performance
Grupo Modelo S.A.B. de C.V. - Weaknesses
Weakness - Declining Liquidity Position
Grupo Modelo S.A.B. de C.V. - Opportunities
Opportunity - Growth Prospects: Asia Pacific
Opportunity - Strategic Acquisition
Opportunity - Growing Beer Industry:Mexico
Grupo Modelo S.A.B. de C.V. - Threats
Threat - Stringent Governmental Regulations
Threat - Consolidation of Beer Industry
Threat - Rise in Raw Material Costs
Grupo Modelo S.A.B. de C.V. - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Section 4 – Appendix
List of Tables
Grupo Modelo S.A.B. de C.V., Key Facts
Grupo Modelo S.A.B. de C.V., Key Employees
Grupo Modelo S.A.B. de C.V., Major Products and Services
Grupo Modelo S.A.B. de C.V., History
Grupo Modelo S.A.B. de C.V., Subsidiaries
Grupo Modelo S.A.B. de C.V., Key Manufacturing Facilities
Grupo Modelo S.A.B. de C.V., Key Competitors
Grupo Modelo S.A.B. de C.V., Ratios based on current share price
Grupo Modelo S.A.B. de C.V., Annual Ratios
Grupo Modelo S.A.B. de C.V., Interim Ratios
Capital Market Ratios
List of Figures
Grupo Modelo S.A.B. de C.V., Performance Chart (2008 - 2012)
Grupo Modelo S.A.B. de C.V., Ratio Charts
The just-drinks office is currently: Open
Office opening hours
The office is closed during weekends.
Current time at just-drinks headquarters: 11:23am (Friday, 18 April 2014)