Greene King PLC (GNK) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Greene King PLC (GNK) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Greene King PLC (Greene King) is a pub retailer and brewer. The company carries out brewing of beer and running pubs for more than 200 years. It also provides pubs and restaurants for rent and lease along with selling drinks to the licensed trade. Greene King has a wide array of customers from pub-goers and hotel guests to licensees, supermarkets and national pub chains. It operates pubs and restaurants under the brands like Old English Inns, Greene King Inns, Hungry Horse and Belhaven Pubs. The company also runs an online shop: Greene King Shop. The company has breweries at Bury St Edmunds and Dunbar, and a number of regional depots.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of contents
Section 1 - About the Company
Greene King PLC - Key Facts
Greene King PLC - Key Employees
Greene King PLC - Key Employee Biographies
Greene King PLC - Major Products and Services
Greene King PLC - History
Greene King PLC - Company Statement
Greene King PLC - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 – Company Analysis
Greene King PLC - Business Description
Greene King PLC - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Greene King PLC - Strengths
Strength - Diversified Business Portfolio
Strength - Strong Operational Base
Strength - Inorganic Growth Drivers: Acquisitions
Greene King PLC - Weaknesses
Weakness - Dependence on Third Party Suppliers
Greene King PLC - Opportunities
Opportunity - Strategic Expansion
Opportunity - Positive Outlook for Online Retailing Market
Opportunity - Growth Prospects in Emerging markets
Opportunity - Growth Prospects: Spirits Market
Greene King PLC - Threats
Threat - Rising Brewing Cost
Threat - Competitive Landscape
Threat - Rising Beer Taxes
Threat - Global Economic Scenario
Greene King PLC - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Section 4 – Appendix
List of Tables
Greene King PLC, Key Facts
Greene King PLC, Key Employees
Greene King PLC, Key Employee Biographies
Greene King PLC, Major Products and Services
Greene King PLC, History
Greene King PLC, Subsidiaries
Greene King PLC, Key Competitors
Greene King PLC, Ratios based on current share price
Greene King PLC, Annual Ratios
Greene King PLC, Interim Ratios
Capital Market Ratios
List of Figures
Greene King PLC, Performance Chart (2009 - 2013)
Greene King PLC, Ratio Charts
The just-drinks office is currently:
Office opening hours
The office is closed during weekends.
Current time at just-drinks headquarters: 4:56pm (Friday, 14 March 2014)