Ginebra San Miguel, Inc. (GSMI) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Ginebra San Miguel, Inc. (GSMI) is a Philippines based beverage company. It operates as a subsidiary of San Miguel Corporation. The company conducts the manufacture and sale of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. Key brands offered by the company include GSM Blue, Gran Matador Brandy, St. George Premium Whisky, Antonov Vodka, Erg and Tondena Manila Rum. GSMI has three liquor bottling plants located at Mandaue City, Cebu; Santa Barbara, Pangasinan; and Cabuyao, Laguna. The company also operates a distilling plant at Bago City. The company utilizes external toll-manufacturers to produce liquor products in Pampanga, Laguna and Quezon.
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Ginebra San Miguel, Inc. provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Table of contents
Section 1 - About the Company
Ginebra San Miguel, Inc. - Key Facts
Ginebra San Miguel, Inc. - Key Employees
Ginebra San Miguel, Inc. - Key Employee Biographies
Ginebra San Miguel, Inc. - Major Products and Services
Ginebra San Miguel, Inc. - History
Ginebra San Miguel, Inc. - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 – Company Analysis
Ginebra San Miguel, Inc. - Business Description
Ginebra San Miguel, Inc. - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Ginebra San Miguel, Inc. - Strengths
Strength - Product and Brand Portfolio
Strength - Association with San Miguel
Strength - Operational Capabilities
Ginebra San Miguel, Inc. - Weaknesses
Weakness - Weak Financial Performance
Weakness - Substantial Debt
Ginebra San Miguel, Inc. - Opportunities
Opportunity - Asia-Pacific Alcohol Industry Outlook
Opportunity - Strategic Acquisition: East Pacific
Opportunity - Shift towards Lighter Alcohol Products
Opportunity - Rising Demand for Non Alcoholic Beverages
Ginebra San Miguel, Inc. - Threats
Threat - Government Regulations
Threat - Rising Costs of Raw Materials
Threat - Intense Competition
Ginebra San Miguel, Inc. - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Section 4 – Appendix
List of Tables
Ginebra San Miguel, Inc., Key Facts
Ginebra San Miguel, Inc., Key Employees
Ginebra San Miguel, Inc., Key Employee Biographies
Ginebra San Miguel, Inc., Major Products and Services
Ginebra San Miguel, Inc., History
Ginebra San Miguel, Inc., Other Locations
Ginebra San Miguel, Inc., Subsidiaries
Ginebra San Miguel, Inc., Key Competitors
Ginebra San Miguel, Inc., Ratios based on current share price
Ginebra San Miguel, Inc., Annual Ratios
Ginebra San Miguel, Inc., Interim Ratios
Capital Market Ratios
List of Figures
Ginebra San Miguel, Inc., Performance Chart (2007 - 2011)
Ginebra San Miguel, Inc., Ratio Charts
Related research categories
By company: SWOT analysis
The just-drinks office is currently: Closed
Office opening hours
The office is closed during weekends.
Current time at just-drinks headquarters: 10:18pm (Monday, 20 May 2013)