GB Retail in the Regions| Yorkshire & Humber
Verdict's retail in the regions series utilises data from the Local Data Company to profile 708 retail locations across the UK, as well as giving overviews of the comparative performance of the major regions. The 11 briefs cover east Midlands, eastern England, London, north-east England, north-west England, Scotland, south-east England, south-west England, Wales, west Midlands and Yorkshire.
- Define the most effective expansion strategy for your stores by discovering the most successful town centres within each region of the UK
- Understand yours and competitors customers better with economic profiles of each region, including population, unemployment and average weekly income
- Realise the potential each town centre holds for your new store openings by comparing each one in the easy to use databooks
- As a new entrant to the UK, discover the locations which will best suit your retail offer by understanding regional demographics
Low consumer confidence, increasing transport and raw material costs, and rising unemployment have put massive pressure on Great Britain and this will continue through 2012. Retailer casualties and squeezed disposable incomes have particularly impacted on vacancy rates.
As consumers continue to make more considered purchases, oversupply of retail space has become a bigger issue in some areas. The north-east has the third highest sq ft of retail space but also has the highest level of unemployment and lowest average weekly expenditure per person.
- How has my town or region performed against other areas?
- Identify opportunities for growth in new geographical areas through key factors such as weekly expenditure per person, churn rate and vacant units
- Use data to decide on opening of new stores and store closures
Table of contentsOVERVIEW
•Region – overall ranking
•Yorkshire & the Humber data
•Ask the analyst
•Table: Yorkshire & the Humber GB ranking 2012
•Table: GB regional overview 2012
•Table: Yorkshire & the Humber key statistics 2011
•Table: 1–20 of Yorkshire & the Humber top retail centres 2012
•Table: 21–40 of Yorkshire & the Humber top retail centres 2012
•Table: 41–63 of Yorkshire & the Humber top retail centres 2012
•Figure: Wakefield Trinity Walk 2011
•Figure: Average weekly expenditure per person 2011
•Figure: Population of each region 2011
•Figure: Unemployment rate % Oct–Dec 2011
•Figure: Percentage of floorspace vacant 2011
•Figure: Percentage of shop units vacant 2011
•Figure: Increase in vacant units 2011 on 2010
•Figure: Number of major retail centres by region 2011
•Figure: Retail space per person 2011
•Figure: Gross floorspace 2011
•Figure: Top 10 towns by floorspace 2011
•Figure: 10 towns with highest floorspace vacancy rates 2011
•Figure: 10 biggest increases in vacancy rates by town 2011 on 2010
The just-drinks office is currently: Closed
Office opening hours
The office is closed during weekends.
Current time at just-drinks headquarters: 11:38pm (Tuesday, 18 June 2013)