Future Diet Trends and Opportunities
In 2008, the World Health Organization estimated that there were approximately one billion adults globally who are overweight, and a further 475 million who are obese. This report offers a breakdown of the diet industry and explores the individual components which determine whether a diet plan is successful. The content places particular emphasis on the future of dieting.
Understand dieters’ needs and wants and how these may evolve, helping you to ensure your proposition stays fresh and relevant.
- Benefit from a comprehensive breakdown of the key diet plans on the market.
- Identify the key trends influencing consumer behaviour. Understand how such trends affect your brand.
- Assess the latest pieces of innovation within the diet industry.
- Identify areas of opportunity for diets and diet plans.
Changes in the global food system and more sedentary lifestyles have combined to create a global obesity crisis. Children around the world are getting fatter younger – a ticking time bomb in terms of poor health and rocketing medical costs. Dieting has to be part of the solution, with strong growth in this market almost assured.
Certain demographic groups are disproportionately affected by the obesity epidemic. Particular ethnic groups, and those on lower incomes, for example, are more likely to be overweight. Today’s diet options remain 'one size fits all', but careful targeting and propositions designed to meet different dieters’ needs represents a key opportunity.
With the launch of digital platforms, diet programs can now offer 24-hour support tools and engage dieters in more appealing and interactive ways. New diet programs have the opportunity to make quick inroads in the market while established brands need to take advantage of these new tools in order to maintain their market position.
- What do dieters want and expect from diets/diet programs? What is working and what isn’t?
- What are the latest competitive developments in the dieting for weight loss or weight control market?
- What are the emerging trends that will make a difference in the diet industry?
- How much of a role will science and the pharmaceutical industry play the diet market moving forward?
- How can existing diet plans improve their consumer proposition?
Related research categories
By sector: Trends
The just-drinks office is currently: Closed
Office opening hours
The office is closed during weekends.
Current time at just-drinks headquarters: 4:29am (Monday, 20 May 2013)