Digital Coupons in Food & Grocery; The Shoppers Perspective
Digital Coupons in Food & Grocery: The Shopper Perspective
Evolution Insights presents authoritative shopper research, analysis and insight into digital coupons in food, drink and grocery, and the role of mobile commerce.
With the rise of digital media and smartphones into the mainstream, the opportunities to target shoppers with coupons outside the store are set to snowball. This report offers detailed insight into shoppers’ awareness, usage and appeal of digital coupons; their perspective on key issues including personalisation, push versus pull delivery and location based marketing; detailed analysis of key trends including smartphone penetration; and the role of key players including retailers, FMCGs and third party websites and apps.
This report will help you to:
- Learn about the different forms of digital coupons and their use in targeting food, drink & grocery shoppers along their path to purchase.
- Identify the key benefits of digital coupons over traditional coupons.
- Determine underlying drivers of growth through analysis of key developments such as the rise of smartphone penetration and shift in usage of mobile devices among grocery shoppers.
- Analyse awareness and usage of different forms of digital coupons among food, drink and grocery shoppers, with a key focus on mobile-based technologies.
- Assess appeal of digital and mobile coupons among shoppers in food, drink and grocery, and identify where opportunities for growth lie for your business.
- Uncover the shopper perspective on key issues surrounding adoption of digital coupons including; personalisation, timing, push versus pull marketing, location based targeting and disclosure of personal information.
- Consider the contrasting roles of different stakeholders in delivering digital coupons to grocery shoppers, ranging from retailers and manufacturers to social media networks, smartphone application developers and third party aggregators.
- Identify the shopper perspective on the role of mobile digital coupons in food, drink and grocery, and consider their views on advantages and disadvantages.
Sources of primary data include a survey of 1,546 UK adults who regularly shop for grocery and in depth focus group interviews. Secondary desk research includes government statistics, news articles, trade and academic journals and in-house proprietary databases.
Table of contentsKey findings and summary
An introduction to digital shopper marketing
- What is digital media and digital marketing?
- How is digital shopper marketing in food and grocery different to standard digital marketing?
- What are the benefits of digital shopper marketing in food and grocery?
- Where do digital coupons fit in the world of digital shopper marketing?
An introduction to digital coupons
- What are digital coupons?
- What are the different types of digital coupons, and which are being used in practice?
- What are the benefits of digital coupons?
Drivers and trends in digital coupons
- What are the key trends and issues facing digital coupons?
- What are the major macro drivers and trends supporting digital coupons?
- How is the underlying growth in internet penetration likely to affect digital coupons?
- How is the growth in mobile devices likely to affect digital coupons?
- How many grocery shoppers own a mobile phone or smartphone?
- What do grocery shoppers use their mobile phones for?
- How many grocery shoppers use mobile internet?
- How many grocery shoppers are using their mobile phone for shopping related activities?
The shopper perspective on digital coupons - in context
- How aware are shoppers of digital coupons in relation to other digital marketing initiatives in food and grocery?
- How many shoppers currently use digital coupons?
- How many shoppers find digital coupons appealing?
- How does this vary depending on whether coupons are delivered to the desktop or mobile device?
The shopper perspective on digital coupons – in detail
- What proportion of grocery shoppers would be interested in receiving digital coupons?
- How important is personalisation of digital coupons to grocery shoppers?
- How do shoppers feel about disclosing their personal information?
- How does this vary by demographic and retailer?
- Do grocery shoppers prefer push or pull delivery of digital coupons?
- Do grocery shoppers want location based delivery of mobile digital coupons?
- What is the difference between macro location and micro location for delivery of mobile coupons?
- When would grocery shoppers prefer to receive digital coupons?
- Who would grocery shoppers trust to receive digital coupons from?
- What do grocery shoppers think about receiving digital coupons directly from brands?
- What do grocery shoppers think about finding digital coupons on social networks?
- Do grocery shoppers prefer web delivered digital coupons or mobile digital coupons?
- What are the most important features of mobile digital coupons among grocery shoppers?
- Quantitative research - survey
- Qualitative research – focus groups
The just-drinks office is currently: Open
Office opening hours
The office is closed during weekends.
Current time at just-drinks headquarters: 4:02pm (Wednesday, 22 May 2013)