Denmark Cider Market Insights
Comprising of textual analysis and data tables, this in-depth and exclusive country report from Canadean provides a comprehensive view of the cider industry structure including analysis and profiles on trade mark owners and local operators. Brand volumes and market share are given by price segment, alcoholic strength and type (e.g. apple, pear, flavored). Consumption volumes are provided by pack mix (type, material, refill ability, pack size) and distribution channel (on- and off-premise). Other information includes market valuation/pricing data and new products are identified. All supported by market commentary.
Introduction and Landscape
Why was the report written?
The 2012 Denmark Cider Market Insights report is a high level market research report on the Danish cider industry. Published by Canadean, this report provides an excellent way of gaining an in-depth understanding of the dynamics and structure of the market. The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and analysis on cider market trends, brands, brewers, packaging, distribution channels, market valuation and pricing.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
Cider suffered a dramatic slump in fortunes in 2011. The tax increase of August 2010 did not impact much in terms of price despite the fact that the tax rise was 192%, however the increase sent out all the wrong messages to consumers
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
The predicted shift to the border trade has materialized and losses would not be so pronounced if the border trade was taken into account. The border trade volume is likely to be similar to that of domestic sales.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
The Denmark Cider Market Insight report is designed for clients needing a quality in-depth understanding of the dynamics and structure of the cider market. The report provides a much more granular and detailed data set than our competitors.
Key Features and Benefits
This report provides readers with an excellent way of gaining a thorough understanding of the dynamics and structure of the Denmark cider market.
This report provides readers with in-depth data on market segmentation: mainstream, premium, super premium, discount; alcoholic strength; type.
This report provides data and analysis of the performance of both domestic and imported brands and reports on new product activity in 2011.
This report provides an analysis of industry structure, reports on company volumes and selected company profiles.
This report provides distribution channel data (on- vs. off-premise) and discusses the latest trends in the key sub-channels. Packaging data includes consumption volumes by pack material, type, size, refillable vs. non- refillable. Market valuation data and selected pricing data are also included.
Key Market Issues
The tax increase of August 2010 did not impact much in terms of price despite the fact that the tax rise was 192%, however the increase sent out all the wrong messages to consumers. The predicted shift to the border trade has materialized.
Now that cider sales are falling steeply, FABs have recovered and returned to growth.
With cider falling out of fashion, the boundaries between FABs and ciders have once again become blurred.
As cider demand shrinks, so too inevitably does the number of brands in the market.
Cider has fallen out of fashion.
The Cult brand gains share but loses volumes.
As the cider category faded rapidly, the core ciders users remained and this has helped apple share rise.
Carlsberg reported a double-digit decline last year for its Somersby brand but it remains the leading brand.
Carlsberg remains the number one cider producer in Denmark with nearly half the market. The company triggered the cider boom with the launch of the Somersby brand.
Cans were most adversely affected by 2011’s crash – perhaps as a result of the rise in border trade sales which is mostly canned.
Table of contents
Section 1 Market Update
• Market Size
• Market Value
• Distribution 2011
• Current and Emerging Trends
• Imports and Exports
• Top 10 Cider Brands – Volume, 2009-2011
• Top 10 International Premium and Super premium Cider Brands – Volume, 2009-2011
• Brand Analysis
• Private Label/Private Label Producers
• New Products Activity
Section 2 Brewer Profiles
• CARLSBERG DENMARK
• Carlsberg Denmark Brand Volumes, 2007-2011
• CULT A/S
• Cult GmbH Brand Volumes, 2007-2011
• Royal Unibrew Brand Volumes, 2007-2011
• House of Beer A/S
• One Pint A/S
• Premium Beer Import A/S
Beer and Cider Attributes Definitions
List of Tables
LEGISLATION AND TAXATION TABLES
• Table 1.2.1 – Taxation Rates for Cider
• Table 1.3.1 – Selected Consumer Cider Prices: Off-Premise, 2010-2012
• Table 1.3.2 – Selected Consumer Cider Prices: On-Premise, 2010-2012
• Commercial Beverage Consumption - per Capita - Liters, 2001-2012F
• Commercial Beverage Consumption - per Capita - % Share, 2001-2012F
• Commercial Beverage Consumption - per Capita - Growth, 2001-2011
• Commercial Beverage Consumption - Million Liters, 2001-2012F
• Alcoholic Beverage Consumption - Liters of Pure Alcohol (LPA) Per Capita, 2001-2012F
• Cider Production/Trade/Consumption – Growth, 2005-2012F
• Consumption of FABs and Cider, 2001-2012F
• Cider Market Valuation (Local Currency), 2010-2012F
• Cider Consumption by Local Definition, 2008-2012F.
• Cider Consumption by Standard Price Segmentation, 2008-2012F
• Cider Consumption by Alcoholic Strength, 2008-2012F
• Cider Consumption by Type, 2008-2012F
• Cider Consumption by Geographic Scope, 2008-2012F
• Cider All Trademarks, 2007-2011
• Cider Brands by Local Definition, 2007-2011
• Cider Brands by Standard Price Segment, 2007-2011
• Cider Brands by Alcoholic Strength, 2007-2011
• Cider Brands by Type, 2007-2011
• Cider Imported Brands by Origin, 2007-2011
• Cider Private Label Brands, 2007-2011
• Cider Trademark Owners, 2007-2011
• Cider Local Operators, 2007-2011
• Cider Leading Brewers/Importers, 2007-2011
• Cider Consumption by Pack Mix: Refill ability/Type/Pack/Size, 2008-2012F
• Cider Distribution: On vs. Off Premise, 2008-2012F
List of Figures
• Chart – Leading Brewers/Importers, 2011
• Market Structure
• Cider Producers/Importers
• Chart – Consumption by Pack Material/Type, 2011
• Packaging Trends
• Chart – Distribution by Channel, 2011
• Chart – Consumption by Price Segment, 2011
• Market Valuation & Pricing
• Cider Market Valuation (Local Currency), 2010-2012F
• Distribution Trends
The just-drinks office is currently: Closed
Office opening hours
The office is closed during weekends.
Current time at just-drinks headquarters: 11:31pm (Tuesday, 21 May 2013)