Consumer and Innovation Trends in Milk
While milk operates in the seemingly predictable commodity space, numerous forces are driving innovation opportunities in what is actually a highly dynamic category. This brief outlines the most important consumer and product trends impacting the milk category globally, using Datamonitor’s TrendSights mega-trend framework as a basis to organize the key themes covered.
- Each section is introduced with a concise SWOT analysis that outlines how each TrendSights mega-trend can be applied to the milk category
- Consumer insight analysis covering 20 countries globally highlights the key attitudes and behaviors that drive consumers’ milk preferences
- Draw inspiration from numerous case studies and product examples throughout the brief that showcase best-in-class innovations in milk
New product opportunities are spurred by consumers’ exposure to other tastes and cultures. In fact, over four-in-10 global consumers agree that their taste in food has changed as a result of exposure to foods from other cultures. Milk products can and should draw on international influences as sources of innovation inspiration.
Consumers demonstrate a desire to return to a time when life was simpler and less demanding. Indeed, nearly two-thirds of global consumers said that living a less complicated life was important to them. Industry players can capitalize on the inherent wholesomeness of milk in order to resonate with consumers seeking comfort and simplicity.
- How do Datamonitor’s mega-trends apply specifically to milk? How is this likely to evolve over the next few years?
- Where is innovation occurring in milk and what does it look like?
- To what extent are consumers willing to sacrifice convenience for environmental or ethical benefits?
- How are industry players using the online space to more effectively engage with consumers?
Table of contents
ABOUT THIS RESEARCH
This product has been designed for delivery in a slide pack format (ppt or pdf).
Features and Benefits
Key questions answered
The just-drinks office is currently: Closed
Office opening hours
The office is closed during weekends.
Current time at just-drinks headquarters: 12:54am (Wednesday, 22 May 2013)