Carrefour S.A. (CA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Carrefour S.A. (CA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Carrefour S.A. (Carrefour) is a consumer goods retail company. It is one of the world's largest retail companies. Carrefour is a multiformat, multi-channel and multi-local retailer. It operates a network of hypermarkets, supermarkets, convenience stores, and cash and carry stores across the world. It also undertakes e-commerce business through ooshop.com and CarrefourOnline.com. The company provides an extensive portfolio of food and non-food products. Carrefour has operational presence in Europe, Latin America and Asia.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of contents
Section 1 - About the Company
Carrefour S.A. - Key Facts
Carrefour S.A. - Key Employees
Carrefour S.A. - Key Employee Biographies
Carrefour S.A. - Major Products and Services
Carrefour S.A. - History
Carrefour S.A. - Company Statement
Carrefour S.A. - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 – Company Analysis
Carrefour S.A. - Business Description
Business Description - Asia
Asia - Overview
Asia - Financials
Business Description - France
France - Overview
France - Financials
Business Description - Latin America
Latin America - Overview
Latin America - Financials
Business Description - Rest of Europe
Rest of Europe - Overview
Rest of Europe - Financials
Carrefour S.A. - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Carrefour S.A. - Strengths
Strength - Expanding Profitability Ratios
Strength - Wide Range of Store Formats
Strength - Global Presence
Carrefour S.A. - Weaknesses
Weakness - Legal Proceedings
Carrefour S.A. - Opportunities
Opportunity - Increasing Demand for Private Label Products
Opportunity - e-Commerce Market in Europe
Opportunity - Focus on International Expansion
Carrefour S.A. - Threats
Threat - Intense Competition
Threat - Changing Consumer Preferences
Threat - Risks Associated With Suppliers
Carrefour S.A. - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Carrefour S.A., Recent Deals Summary
Section 4 – Appendix
List of Tables
Carrefour S.A., Key Facts
Carrefour S.A., Key Employees
Carrefour S.A., Key Employee Biographies
Carrefour S.A., Major Products and Services
Carrefour S.A., History
Carrefour S.A., Subsidiaries
Carrefour S.A., Joint Venture
Carrefour S.A., Key Competitors
Carrefour S.A., Ratios based on current share price
Carrefour S.A., Annual Ratios
Carrefour S.A., Interim Ratios
Carrefour S.A., Recent Deals Summary
Capital Market Ratios
List of Figures
Carrefour S.A., Performance Chart (2008 - 2012)
Carrefour S.A., Ratio Charts
Related research categories
By company: SWOT analysis
The just-drinks office is currently: Closed
Office opening hours
The office is closed during weekends.
Current time at just-drinks headquarters: 8:45am (Friday, 18 April 2014)