Carrefour S.A. (CA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Carrefour S.A. (Carrefour) is a retail distribution company. It is the world's second largest retailer and the largest retailer company in Europe. The company operates over 9,771 stores and franchises spread across 33 countries by December end 2011. Carrefour is an in-store retailer specializes in the operation of hypermarkets, supermarkets, hard discount stores, convenience stores and, cash and carry stores. It also carries out the e-commerce business through ooshop.com, and CarrefourOnline.com. The company also operates as an international mobile virtual network operator (MVNO).
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Carrefour S.A. provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Table of contents
Section 1 - About the Company
Carrefour S.A. - Key Facts
Carrefour S.A. - Key Employees
Carrefour S.A. - Key Employee Biographies
Carrefour S.A. - Major Products and Services
Carrefour S.A. - History
Carrefour S.A. - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 – Company Analysis
Carrefour S.A. - Business Description
Business Description - Cash & carry and Hyper Cash Stores
Cash & carry and Hyper Cash Stores - Overview
Business Description - Hypermarkets
Hypermarkets - Overview
Business Description - Supermarkets
Supermarkets - Overview
Carrefour S.A. - Corporate Strategy
Carrefour S.A. - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Carrefour S.A. - Strengths
Strength - Global Presence
Strength - Wide Range of Store Formats
Strength - Asset Efficiencies
Carrefour S.A. - Weaknesses
Weakness - High Operating Costs affecting Margins
Weakness - High Debt Burden
Carrefour S.A. - Opportunities
Opportunity - US Convenience Store Industry
Opportunity - e-Commerce Market in Europe
Opportunity - Increasing Demand for Private Label Products
Carrefour S.A. - Threats
Threat - Risks Associated With Suppliers
Threat - Global Economic Conditions
Threat - Intense Competition
Carrefour S.A. - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Carrefour S.A., Recent Deals Summary
Section 4 – Appendix
List of Tables
Carrefour S.A., Key Facts
Carrefour S.A., Key Employees
Carrefour S.A., Key Employee Biographies
Carrefour S.A., Major Products and Services
Carrefour S.A., History
Carrefour S.A., Subsidiaries
Carrefour S.A., Joint Venture
Carrefour S.A., Key Competitors
Carrefour S.A., Ratios based on current share price
Carrefour S.A., Annual Ratios
Carrefour S.A., Interim Ratios
Carrefour S.A., Recent Deals Summary
Capital Market Ratios
List of Figures
Carrefour S.A., Performance Chart (2007 - 2011)
Carrefour S.A., Ratio Charts
Related research categories
By company: SWOT analysis
The just-drinks office is currently: Open
Office opening hours
The office is closed during weekends.
Current time at just-drinks headquarters: 4:08pm (Wednesday, 22 May 2013)