Campbell Soup Company (CPB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Campbell Soup Company (Campbell) is a manufacturer and marketer of branded convenience food products. The food products that the company offers include soup, baked snacks, and healthy beverages. Some of the renowend brands of the copany inlcude Campbell, Swanson broth, Prego pasta, Pace Mexican, V8, V8 V, Pepperidge, and Arnott’s among others. The company owns manufacturing units in the US, Australia, China, Indonesia, Belgium, Canada, France, Germany, Malaysia, Mexico, and Sweden. It markets and sells its products in more than 120 countries including US, Australia, Canada, France, Germany and Belgium. Campbell is headquartered in New Jersey, the US.
Campbell Soup CompanyKey Recent Developments
Nov 05, 2012: Campbell Soup And CH4 Biogas Partner To Develop Biogas Power Plant In OhionJun 21, 2012: Campbell Soup Dedicates 9.8 MW Solar Power System In Napoleon, Ohio
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Campbell Soup Company provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Table of contents
Section 1 - About the Company
Campbell Soup Company - Key Facts
Campbell Soup Company - Key Employees
Campbell Soup Company - Key Employee Biographies
Campbell Soup Company - Major Products and Services
Campbell Soup Company - History
Campbell Soup Company - Company Statement
Campbell Soup Company - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 – Company Analysis
Campbell Soup Company - Business Description
Campbell Soup Company - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Campbell Soup Company - Strengths
Strength - Broad Portfolio of Branded Convenience Foods
Strength - Geographical Presence
Strength - Robust Research and Development
Campbell Soup Company - Weaknesses
Weakness - Decline in Profitability
Weakness - Limited Liquidity
Campbell Soup Company - Opportunities
Opportunity - Acquisition of BF Bolthouse Holdco LLC
Opportunity - Capital Expenditure
Opportunity - Strategic Initiatives
Campbell Soup Company - Threats
Threat - Intense Competition
Threat - Dependence on Key Customers
Threat - Stringent Regulations
Campbell Soup Company - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Campbell Soup Company, Recent Deals Summary
Section 4 – Company’s Recent Developments
Campbell Soup Company, Recent Developments
Nov 05, 2012: Campbell Soup And CH4 Biogas Partner To Develop Biogas Power Plant In Ohio
Jun 21, 2012: Campbell Soup Dedicates 9.8 MW Solar Power System In Napoleon, Ohio
Section 5 – Appendix
List of Tables
Campbell Soup Company, Key Facts
Campbell Soup Company, Key Employees
Campbell Soup Company, Key Employee Biographies
Campbell Soup Company, Major Products and Services
Campbell Soup Company, History
Campbell Soup Company, Other Locations
Campbell Soup Company, Subsidiaries
Campbell Soup Company, Key Competitors
Campbell Soup Company, Ratios based on current share price
Campbell Soup Company, Annual Ratios
Campbell Soup Company, Interim Ratios
Campbell Soup Company, Recent Deals Summary
Capital Market Ratios
List of Figures
Campbell Soup Company, Performance Chart (2008 - 2012)
Campbell Soup Company, Ratio Charts
Related research categories
By company: SWOT analysis
The just-drinks office is currently: Closed
Office opening hours
The office is closed during weekends.
Current time at just-drinks headquarters: 2:39am (Wednesday, 22 May 2013)