Brazilian Orange Juice Case Study: Seizing Opportunities for Market Development in the Brazilian Orange Sector
While Brazil has achieved a key position in global orange juice due to its history of research and investment, the industry now faces global competition from other innovative and less expensive fruit-based drinks, resulting in falling consumption. This study examines the challenges and opportunities in the segment and provides strategic insights on how to increase orange juice consumption.
Features and benefits
- Increase consumption of orange juice both in the Brazilian and international markets by identifying new marketing strategies and consumer segments.
- Invigorate brands by understanding the local consumer preferences, with supporting consumer, product and market data.
- Enhance your market positioning by identifying the most important trends in the fruit drinks segment that are shaping consumer purchases.
Agribusiness is one of the major pillars of the Brazilian economy, accounting to around 25% of the Brazilian GDP. Brazil is the world’s largest producer of orange and orange juice, accounting to 85% of the orange juice exported worldwide.
While there is an increasing demand for orange juice in the Brazilian market, a constant decrease in consumption of this beverage has been observed in more mature markets such as Europe and the US, and is strongly affecting major orange juice suppliers: Florida, in the US, and São Paulo, in Brazil.
Your key questions answered
- What factors contribute to Brazil leading the orange juice segment?
- What key elements are threatening Brazil’s leading position in the orange juice segment?
- What are the most urgent actions that the Brazilian orange juice industry has to take in order to assure its leading position?
- What marketing strategies should be adopted by the orange juice industry to increase orange juice consumption in a global basis?
Table of contents
The just-drinks office is currently: Closed
Office opening hours
The office is closed during weekends.
Current time at just-drinks headquarters: 4:20am (Sunday, 19 May 2013)