Big Y Foods, Inc. - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Big Y Foods, Inc. (Big Y) is a supermarket chain operator. The company's stores include produce, floral, aisles, pharmacy, food service, deli and wellness, bakery, seafood and butcher shops. Big Y provides specialty services such as pharmacy services, financial services via Express Savings Club; child care via Little Y Kids Club and scholarship programs. Big Y also maintains liquor division through Table & Vine; and seasonal, farm fresh produce, pizzas, cheeses, entrees and sides through its Fresh Acres division. The company operates about 64 supermarkets in Massachusetts and Connecticut. Big Y is headquartered in Springfield, Massachusetts, the US
Big Y Foods, Inc. Key Recent Developments
Sep 19, 2012: Real Goods Solar, Smart Energy Capital And Hudson Energy Solar Install Solar Power System At Big Y Supermarket In Massachusettsn
GlobalData’s Big Y Foods, Inc. - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides a comprehensive insight into the company’s history, corporate strategy, business structure and operations. The report contains a detailed SWOT analysis, information on the company’s key employees, key competitors and major products and services.
This up-to-the-minute company report will help you to formulate strategies to drive your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – GlobalData’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list of key locations and subsidiaries of the company, including contact details.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research purposes. Key elements such as SWOT analysis and corporate strategy are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
- Identify potential customers and suppliers with this report’s analysis of the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services and business strategy.
- Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies with GlobalData’s detailed SWOT analysis. In this, the company’s core strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats are analyzed, providing you with an up to date objective view of the company.
- Examine potential investment and acquisition targets with this report’s detailed insight into the company’s strategic, business and operational performance.
Table of contents
Section 1 - About the Company
Big Y Foods, Inc. - Key Facts
Big Y Foods, Inc. - Key Employees
Big Y Foods, Inc. - Key Operational Employees
Big Y Foods, Inc. - Major Products and Services
Big Y Foods, Inc. - History
Big Y Foods, Inc. - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 – Company Analysis
Big Y Foods, Inc. - Business Description
Big Y Foods, Inc. - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Big Y Foods, Inc. - Strengths
Strength - Product Portfolio
Strength - Adoption of New Technologies
Strength - Distinctive Services and Facilities
Big Y Foods, Inc. - Weaknesses
Weakness - Limited Geographic Concentration
Big Y Foods, Inc. - Opportunities
Opportunity - Market Potential: Healthcare and Pharmaceutical
Opportunity - Growth Prospects: Natural Products Market
Opportunity - Expansions
Big Y Foods, Inc. - Threats
Threat - Increasing Popularity of Dollar Stores
Threat - Changes in Labor Laws and Other Issues
Threat - Highly Competitive Market
Big Y Foods, Inc. - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Company’s Recent Developments
Big Y Foods, Inc., Recent Developments
Sep 19, 2012: Real Goods Solar, Smart Energy Capital And Hudson Energy Solar Install Solar Power System At Big Y Supermarket In Massachusetts
Section 4 – Appendix
List of Tables
Big Y Foods, Inc., Key Facts
Big Y Foods, Inc., Key Employees
Big Y Foods, Inc., Key Operational Employees
Big Y Foods, Inc., Major Products and Services
Big Y Foods, Inc., History
Big Y Foods, Inc., Other Locations
Big Y Foods, Inc., Key Competitors
The just-drinks office is currently:
Office opening hours
The office is closed during weekends.
Current time at just-drinks headquarters: 4:50pm (Friday, 24 May 2013)